PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 09:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Sprint

inferno14u is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The official "when's it coming out?" thread

You can't really compare the increased price of the 3DS to a possible increased price of the Evo 3D. The 3DS is a one trick pony...gaming only platform that isn't that much better than the versions that it is replacing. You can't tell me that the increase in processing power, ram, battery size, and camera hardware isn't worth a measly $50 increase over the Evo.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
Don't sweat the $250 price tag fellas. You know Amazon and Wirefly will be discounting it if you buy through them. They had the thunderbolt at $180 and Amazon had it for $199. I'm not worried at all.
Touche.....
Old 03-29-2011, 04:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno14u View Post
You can't really compare the increased price of the 3DS to a possible increased price of the Evo 3D. The 3DS is a one trick pony...gaming only platform that isn't that much better than the versions that it is replacing. You can't tell me that the increase in processing power, ram, battery size, and camera hardware isn't worth a measly $50 increase over the Evo.
Again i was pointing it out on an average Consumer (The people who dont care about rooting, processor,rom/ram and only see 5MP instead of 8MP not upgraded Camera sensors & Etc.) most people that ive talked to honestly believe the only upgrade is the 3D Screen & 3D Camera and when i tell them about ram rom dual core's etc. they look at me like i'm a Martian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..

Last edited by PhyscoAssassinx; 03-29-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
yeah man for real.

A 1st gen snapdragon jump to a 1.2 dual-core and the double RAM, camera, 1080p out, I mean it's a beast and a half.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
^^ what he said ^^

Tapa tapa tapa
Old 03-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I mean it's a beast and a half.
I like that phrase, sounds kinda catchy and marketable. "THE EVO 3D..........YES, IT'S A BEAST AND A HALF"

Old 03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

onetwothree is just getting started

When the EPIC came out it was priced at 249.99, so i do see them pricing the EVO3d over 199.99. Sure down the road it got a price cut due to sales, but still I do see them pricing the phone over the 199.99 mark.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Carried by Dan Hesse

qbertlives is a n00b

What ever on price, $199- $249.99, you know you pay a premium for being bleeding edge. PPCGeeks and XDA have made my TP2 usable long after I broke my Moment. (fell in love with android on that pile so I know the potential on a FREAKING AWESOME piece of hardware)

"I like that phrase, sounds kinda catchy and marketable. "THE EVO 3D..........YES, IT'S A BEAST AND A HALF""
+1 themuffinman
Old 04-01-2011, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Bonbons is a n00b

I heard early summer, June, and possibly $199.99
Old 04-02-2011, 08:28 PM
N00b

inferno14u is a n00b

You're right, the average consumer would say that, but no one who is registered at this site fits that category. Even still, with the increased processing power, and 3d features, even "average" people would be able to understand a slight price increase, especially if they don't drop the price of the Evo 4g.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D