PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2010, 01:24 PM
eldrego's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 112
Reputation: 25
eldrego is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

I saw a few guys on the Androidforum updating to the new OTA, just wondering if anyone here grabbed it yet.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2010, 08:43 PM
jbh00jh's Avatar
Almost a VIP
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Location: SC
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 968
Reputation: 475
jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

They didn't get the update OTA , it was from a leaked file. Nobody on any of the android forums said they got the fictional OTA update today , it was always a friend of a friend on another forum , RIGHT!
__________________
HTC Incredible
HTC Thunderbolt
1.70.605.0
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2010, 09:10 PM
QMeli907's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Purdue University
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 663
Reputation: 640
QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

It was a fake. No one got this. I wish though..
__________________
Droid Incredible & Touch Pro 2 Running MightyROM & Android 2.1


Don't click me
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2010, 05:49 PM
eldrego's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 112
Reputation: 25
eldrego is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

Apparently they have a link to the leaked update i'd rather the OTA.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2010, 07:16 PM
QMeli907's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Purdue University
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 663
Reputation: 640
QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

Im gunna wait for the OTA. I'm not going to try modding my Incredible. Did that with my touch pro 2. What a headache haha. Ill wait patiently

Btw, eldrego...I love the avatar! Thanks have been given for said awesomeness haha
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2010, 12:46 AM
RdBrd83's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible / Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Edwardsville, IL
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 78
Reputation: 115
RdBrd83 is keeping up the good workRdBrd83 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to RdBrd83
Re: Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

I installed the leaked version earlier today. I told myself I wasn't going to mess with this phone, but my curiosity got the best of me.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2010, 12:58 AM
whetzel's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Morgantown, WV
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 92
Reputation: 70
whetzel is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdBrd83 View Post
I installed the leaked version earlier today. I told myself I wasn't going to mess with this phone, but my curiosity got the best of me.
And?

Come on, you can't just leave us hanging like that.

How did everything go?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2010, 02:07 AM
RdBrd83's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible / Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Edwardsville, IL
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 78
Reputation: 115
RdBrd83 is keeping up the good workRdBrd83 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to RdBrd83
Re: Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whetzel View Post
And?

Come on, you can't just leave us hanging like that.

How did everything go?
It actually went easier than I was expecting. It really was as simple as just following the guide on android forums step by step. I didn't have many issues restoring all the apps and most of the settings from backup either.

My mini review:
I don't have an wireless-N router, so I can't comment on that aspect of it.
I need to try out the 720p in the daylight. Around my apartment it was pretty dim and the frame rate was pretty low. It's obviously no replacement for a video camera, but it's more than suitable considering it's a cell phone. Definitely an huge improvement over the standard resolution.
On average I'm definitely showing an extra bar of signal most of the time. I cannot honestly say it actually improved signal strength though. Watching the dBm it might be a slight improvement but nothing major. However, I did not have any issues prior to the update.
Call quality sounds the same to me, but again, I never had any problems with it prior to the update.
And it's probably all in my head, but Sense seems to be just slightly more snappy.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2010, 05:30 AM
whetzel's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Morgantown, WV
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 92
Reputation: 70
whetzel is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdBrd83 View Post
It actually went easier than I was expecting. It really was as simple as just following the guide on android forums step by step. I didn't have many issues restoring all the apps and most of the settings from backup either.

My mini review:
I don't have an wireless-N router, so I can't comment on that aspect of it.
I need to try out the 720p in the daylight. Around my apartment it was pretty dim and the frame rate was pretty low. It's obviously no replacement for a video camera, but it's more than suitable considering it's a cell phone. Definitely an huge improvement over the standard resolution.
On average I'm definitely showing an extra bar of signal most of the time. I cannot honestly say it actually improved signal strength though. Watching the dBm it might be a slight improvement but nothing major. However, I did not have any issues prior to the update.
Call quality sounds the same to me, but again, I never had any problems with it prior to the update.
And it's probably all in my head, but Sense seems to be just slightly more snappy.
Cool.

Thanks for the mini review.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2010, 11:36 PM
eldrego's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 112
Reputation: 25
eldrego is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

I'm also tempted to do that manual update but I'll wait, also remember not to stack that manual update, you'll brick the phone completely.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com