PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Catfish SS is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Status Of DINC'S After 30+ Days

Hey, to everyone who has had the Incredible for a month or more, have you run into any problems or any jaw dropping (i.e. "holy shit this phone's badass") moments with it? I'm getting antsy now that it's coming time to ship date for my DINK!

I ordered it on the 8th of this month and am going crazy. I'm watching all these youtube vids and reviews about the phone so much that I'm starting to feel like a nerdy douchebag . I called in three times today, I'm sure all you know why I called so much in one day hahaha, to see if my phone was going to ship tomorrow and one said there's going to be a five day delay, the other one said it's scheduled to ship tomorrow, and then the other one said it's scheduled to ship tomorrow but that lately they have been having sporadic cases where some people had to wait up to ten days. So I'm crossing my fingers that I get an email of the shipping confirmation tomorrow![-o<
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Re: Status Of DINC'S After 30+ Days

i love mine! haven't had any issues with it what so ever.

i came form winmo and a tp2, so the whole phone itself was an "oh sh!t this phone is awesome" moment, haha. the apps are awesome and seem to be endless possibilities. the best part is i love the phone i haven't even yet began to customize it. mines rooted with the custom recovery but i have yet to dive into flashing roms and really pushing the phone to its limit. its only gonna get better.

i hope the most speedy of deliveries is in your near future, it'll be worth the wait!

if you are new to android, check out the must have apps sticky. you'll be blown away at the variety of games and apps
Old 06-29-2010, 09:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

Love mine too! No issues except I keep draining the battery fast from playing with this phone! It's EASILY my favorite phone!

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 06-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: vzw

brif4i is a n00b

Best phone I have ever had. No real issues does what I want it to when i want it to. Only one soft rest since may 7th and more apps than I could ever use. Just dont get the zagg screen protectors worst 20 bucks I have spent
Old 06-30-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Threadstarter

Catfish SS is a n00b

good to hear, I cant wait to get mine! Btw, I never got a shipping confirmation yesterday
Old 07-06-2010, 12:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

tmellen is just getting started

I've owned various Cell devices and PDAs over the past 16 years... From Cell phones that you have to carry 5 pound batteries in a bag over your shoulder, to the original Palm Pilot, to Sony Clie, Windows Mobile, and iPhone. I spent years on WinMo, about 5 different phones with and without slideout keyboards, up to my last WinMo phone ever... The Samsung Omnia. It was a great little phone, and once unlocked and upgraded to 6.5.3 with Titanium or Touch-flo, it did almost everything I needed. When it came time to upgrade, I was looking a the Imagio, the Omnia II, switching carriers even to get an HD2, or whatnot... and they announced Windows Phone Series 7. Any WinMo phone I bought at that point was a dead end for OS upgrades, I figured. So I looked at the Android line. I was about to get a droid, but had a chance at pre-ordering the Incredible. I got it a day before release and by far, this phone has been the best device I've ever owned.

In terms of speed, I haven't seen one faster (I haven't seen a Droid X yet, obviously), and the EVO is actually a bit slower when scrolling through screens, or even up and down on the app list. I don't know how it is after the OTA patch, because I was looking at them in the stores.

As for software... everything I ever needed on the phone was available at launch except for Wireless Routing. Rooting the phone fixed that.

It has never slowed down, the camera is top notch (it's not a DSLR, but I have a DSLR for that kind of work) and one thing I like about the camera -- if I leave it on and lock the screen, when I unlock the screen it's ready to take a picture. No waiting for camera app to load (which is only 2-3 seconds from the home screen to viewfinder if it's not running anyway).

Seriously, the only complaints I have about this phone are as follows:

1. The bookmark App sorts bookmarks with the last one added at the top. The first one added is at the bottom. So very minor, especially since there's an App that you can DL for free that lets you sort it however you want.

2. The contact list favorites App does the same. Again, not even really a complaint just something that should have been built in.

3. Camera Lens sticks out. It's not level with the back and is raised, so if you lay the phone down on the back, the lens cover is the first thing to touch the surface of what it's laid on. The easiest fix for this is of course to buy a case.

That's really it! Battery life has never been a problem, as I've been in the practice for years of keeping my phones on chargers until I go mobile with them. At my desk at work, it's on USB to my computer. When I leave my desk, it spends a max of an hour off the charger unless I'm driving somewhere, then it's charging in the car, mounted on my windshield. When I get home, I set it on the computer desk, plugged in to USB again. At night, it's on my nightstand with the AC Charger until I leave for work all over again...

I was at Six Flags this weekend, and it lasted 7 hours in the park without a recharge, many pictures later, and still green when I plugged it in the car.

Great phone, I love it. 'Nuff Said.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff

Great, now I REALLY can't wait till my Incredible arrives! lol

It's supposed to ship on the 20th of July, hopefully I'll get it sooner.

Thanks for the confirmation of how incredible the Incredible is going to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmellen View Post
I've owned various Cell devices and PDAs over the
past 16 years... by far, this phone has been the best device I've ever owned.

Great phone, I love it. 'Nuff Said.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible