PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt
Carrier: AT&T

jdmba is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Four Misc Questions ... Any Help is Appreciated!!!

I have had my incredible since release and a few items are still baffling me ... any answers to any of the below are greatly appreciated:

1) I noticed that for contacts which are also linked to Facebook, a LOT more information shows up on my Incredible under the people page; but that this additional information does not sync back to my Outlook. Is there a setting to "capture" this additional information as part of a sync?

2) Is there a way to update the bookmarks on the Incredible from a PC? I do NOT store bookmarks in any given browser (although I use Firefox), preferring to use Roboform (which attaches to ALL browsers). With this, I am not looking for a sync; but would love to NOT try to retype tons of addresses on that on-screen keyboard.

3) Some of my contacts have 3 (or more words), such as "Doctor Steve Smith" but others abbreviate to two. I cannot figure out where this decision is being made, but Outlook (which is used with HTC Sync) has the "Display as" properly consistent in all cases. I would rather have the 3 words (so doctors are all together), but only 1 doctor is showing up that way. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Last edited by jdmba; 05-17-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Added fifth question ... thanks!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

coolingoutofhabit is becoming a great contributor
Re: Four Misc Questions ... Any Help is Appreciated!!!

I'll take a stab at some answers:

Quote:
1) I noticed that for contacts which are also linked to Facebook, a LOT more information shows up on my Incredible under the people page; but that this additional information does not sync back to my Outlook. Is there a setting to "capture" this additional information as part of a sync?
I don't think this is possible. Each way to save a contact (Facebook, Google, or HTC) offers different fields to fill out. For instance, when I want to save a contact to sync with my Google account, the options change and are more limited.
Quote:
2) Is there a way to update the bookmarks on the Incredible from a PC? I do NOT store bookmarks in any given browser (although I use Firefox), preferring to use Roboform (which attaches to ALL browsers). With this, I am not looking for a sync; but would love to NOT try to retype tons of addresses on that on-screen keyboard.
Again, I don't think it is possible. Google Chrome for desktop has Bookmark sync which will probably be a feature added to our stock browser one day. Opera may sync. But neither are the solution you're looking for.

Quote:
3) Some of my contacts have 3 (or more words), such as "Doctor Steve Smith" but others abbreviate to two. I cannot figure out where this decision is being made, but Outlook (which is used with HTC Sync) has the "Display as" properly consistent in all cases. I would rather have the 3 words (so doctors are all together), but only 1 doctor is showing up that way. Any ideas?
Google Contacts is very limited with their display of fields (hopefully it gets better). For instance google accepts the contacts whole name as 1 field, where as Outlook breaks it down into First and Last and so on. I think that you may be able to change how the name display by doing the following: People-->Choose contact-->Menu-->Editz-->then click on contact's name next to the picture. You will then see an option on how you want the name displayed. FYI you can also change the contacts picture between Facebook's and Outlooks by click on the contacts picture from this screen.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

jdmba is a n00b

Your answer to #3 hinted me in the right direction. While I am still out of luck on 1 and 2, #3 turned out to be outlook interpreting "Doctor" as a title rather than a word. So "Doctor Steve" "Smith" (first and last) was the one entry that worked. The others were "Doctor" "Steve" "Smith" (title, first, and last). I edited all my bad entries to reallocate what first name was, and presto ...

... now if only someone could tell me how to sync the Facebook added data
Old 05-19-2010, 01:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Not sure if this would help with Roboform, but I did find this app in the Android market:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.findheart.syncoid

From the description:

Import the bookmarks from PC into Android phone.

Support import to:
Default browser
Steel

Support import from:
IE
Firefox
Safari
Opera
Chrome
Steel

How to use:
1.Export the bookmarks from your PC into the SD card in your phone.
2.Click "Browse & Import",browse the SD card,click on the exported bookmark file to impo

As I mentioned, I don't know how Roboform keeps the bookmarks, but there are other bookmark apps in the market to look at, so there is hope!!

P.S. Whatever happened to question #4???

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible