PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

2007Screw is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Facebook Link Sync Question

So after my contacts have been linked to their facebook accounts, the current display picture shows up on incoming calls, texts, etc. Lets say a friend changes their current display picture. If I go into Online Directories and refresh all my facebook contacts it shows the current changed display picture but when you go back to your normal contacts using the 'people' button it still shows their old display pic, and not the most current one.

Is there a way to get it to update everything to what people change their display pictures too on the people/contacts list?? I can't figure this one out!!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff
Re: Facebook Link Sync Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007Screw View Post
So after my contacts have been linked to their facebook accounts, the current display picture shows up on incoming calls, texts, etc. Lets say a friend changes their current display picture. If I go into Online Directories and refresh all my facebook contacts it shows the current changed display picture but when you go back to your normal contacts using the 'people' button it still shows their old display pic, and not the most current one.

Is there a way to get it to update everything to what people change their display pictures too on the people/contacts list?? I can't figure this one out!!
I'd like to know this too, my friend constantly updates his profile photo on his facebook and i noticed the incredible no matter what i do, will use the photo it used when i first added him, i even tried to unlink and tried to change it manually but i don't get the option to use a facebook pic like i do on Manila 2.5 in WinMo.

maybe this is a bug?

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Anyone?????? This just boggles my mind, I've tried everything!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

I'd ask the guys at XDA, they seem to be more efficient in timely responses these days.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok - so this is what I tried this morning. I went into accounts and sync and clicked on Facebook HTC Sense. When you open up those options, you can Remove Account. I did this. Then I added it back in and re-synced everything. Now all the updated photos of friends are current. Maybe something was wrong in the password or something when the phone was originally set up where it wouldn't update automatically? I'll see what happens next time I notice someone updates their profile pic.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible