PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 8am alarm, a no show

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
wow, i am starting to wonder if i can trust this to wake me up for work, haha. may have to go pick up an actual alarm clock.

maybe we should test it at X:30 and X:35, and see if it does it then too. maybe its just around the top of the hour? maybe not? how odd, how odd
Tested again , set for 6pm and 6:05pm and both alarms went off. Made sure all setting were correct and they worked.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

how weird....

i am waiting for the next top of the hour. got it set for 4 and 4:05, will report back after that...
Old 05-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

well both alarms went off...i have no clue what is going on. i'll just hope it never happens during the week, haha.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

We should know tomorrow morning . haha
Old 05-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

I've set my alarm a bunch of times to test it, it always goes off. Then, i am super careful to set it correct for the morning, with the volume up, everything on etc, and it doesn't go off, three days in a row. what is it about the AM that this phone does not want to have the alarm go off?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

well i had it set for 4:50 and 5:20 am this morning. it did not go off at 4:50. i naturally woke up at 4:54....surprisingly. i then reset the 5:20 alarm, fell back asleep and it went off on que...i really don't get it. i am starting to wonder if it has something to do with the advanced task killer app. however i don't see why that would allow you to kill the alarm feature...none the less, i think its time i buy a real alarm clock anyway, now i have all the more reason

to anybody else having alarm issues - are you running a task killer?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
well i had it set for 4:50 and 5:20 am this morning. it did not go off at 4:50. i naturally woke up at 4:54....surprisingly. i then reset the 5:20 alarm, fell back asleep and it went off on que...i really don't get it. i am starting to wonder if it has something to do with the advanced task killer app. however i don't see why that would allow you to kill the alarm feature...none the less, i think its time i buy a real alarm clock anyway, now i have all the more reason

that could be your problem. i set an alarm for 9am just now and it went off fine when it hit the time. i then tried 9:04am and then killed all the apps i had with task killer and the alarm did not go off. so you need the clock left open under task killer... didn't really read through the thread so sorry if you already stated whether you left it open or not during the times it did not work. my guess is u set an alarm, closed all tasks with the killer and then it didn't go off. the you opened up the clock stuff to try a new alarm, so it was left running and worked.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:

Uninstall the task killer before you go to bed and reinstall after you get up.
Try that tonight (real clock backup) and see what happens. Got to be an answer to be found somewhere.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc incredible
Carrier: big red

quest7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Uninstall the task killer before you go to bed and reinstall after you get up.
Try that tonight (real clock backup) and see what happens. Got to be an answer to be found somewhere.
I had problems with mine also, but I will shut off task killer tonight and see if that helps.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:00 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
wow, i am starting to wonder if i can trust this to wake me up for work, haha. may have to go pick up an actual alarm clock.

maybe we should test it at X:30 and X:35, and see if it does it then too. maybe its just around the top of the hour? maybe not? how odd, how odd
I realize this dosent answer your question, but I LOVE G-Alarm!
If you havent tried it, or havent in a while, he released the final recently and its even better than before.
heres the cab if you wanna try it out, you wont be disapointed, and heres the developers site-->
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=products
Attached Files
File Type: cab galarm_2.5.cab (2.71 MB, 0 views) Click for barcode!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible