PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
droid incredible really?

why in the world didnt they just call it the incredible... THIS ISNT A MOTO PHONE FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD. its really annoying that they keep on doing this it sounds stupid
Old 04-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: droid incredible really?

the "droid" moniker is extended to all verizon android powered phones. ie the DROID eris as well. the moniker is licenced to motorola as well as htc

Last edited by redd214; 04-19-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Also because droid does!!! lls

Old 04-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

"droid" may sound silly, but i am just happy verizon carries android powered phones now...so i am ok with whatever they wanna call it. to me its the "Incredible"
Old 04-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

Jedi54 is a n00b

I too was a bit taken back by the "DROID Incredible" name but it does make sense for VZ.
They have spent a MASSIVE amount of Marketing dollars on the "droid does" campaign and lets be honest...most people couldn't tell you who makes the Droid, simply that it is a Droid. By lumping the HTC in under the Droid umbrella, Verizon can continue to capitalize on the momentum that the Droid marketing is gaining.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Isror is becoming a great contributor

Well I got my Droid Incredible early today. So far its AMAZING.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi54 View Post
I too was a bit taken back by the "DROID Incredible" name but it does make sense for VZ.
They have spent a MASSIVE amount of Marketing dollars on the "droid does" campaign and lets be honest...most people couldn't tell you who makes the Droid, simply that it is a Droid. By lumping the HTC in under the Droid umbrella, Verizon can continue to capitalize on the momentum that the Droid marketing is gaining.
very good point, spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isror View Post
Well I got my Droid Incredible early today. So far its AMAZING.
mmmhmmm, and i just got an iphone activated on verizon but the cdmas blew it up

EDIT: if you do really have one...lets see some pics. are the innards still gloss red like in the mr. blurry cam pics we saw many moons ago?

Last edited by MrGoodCat; 04-20-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

If i had to guess, i would say because they paid alot of money to Lucas Arts to use the Droid name on there devices

on top of that, they make it stand out from other carriers using the "Droid Does" or "Droid (name)" use
so far the only phone on VZ with Android to have the "with Google" branding is the Droid, which makes this phone a true google android experience, so another reason for "the next chapter in the Droid saga" is also being used
and another reason why i think its the successor to the Moto Droid

and if you look at the unique names we have in todays marketplace that stand out, for example, the Wii everyone made fun of it then it stuck
when iPod was first announced no one knew it would be a hit, now its got its own designation in stores ipod/mp3 not going by MP3 which is why customers would always ask "whats the difference between and iPod and an MP3 player?"

also another reason for the Droid name and the increased marketing over what they did for Eris is because this phone is truly the successor to the current Droid throne on VZ which is the Moto Droid, look at the marketing campaign thats being used on the website then rewind back to when Eris came out, big difference huh? I will miss the QWERTY from my TP2 but after seeing the search by Voice and landscape keyboard on screen, i'm thinking i will adapt to it

now we just need to get this thing rooted and ROM's made for it!
then i can start making my themes for Sense 2.1

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.

Last edited by NCX Designs; 04-21-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

NCX Designs:
very good points as well. i guess it just sounds odd since we have simply called it the incredible for the past few months. but then again it wasn't a huge surprise verizon carried that tagging along.

i really enjoyed your work for the tp2. i parted ways with winmo though (my tp2) and will be getting the incredible when it hits. i look forward to seeing what you bring to the android themeing scene.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
NCX Designs:
very good points as well. i guess it just sounds odd since we have simply called it the incredible for the past few months. but then again it wasn't a huge surprise verizon carried that tagging along.

i really enjoyed your work for the tp2. i parted ways with winmo though (my tp2) and will be getting the incredible when it hits. i look forward to seeing what you bring to the android themeing scene.
I switched back on my old LG Voyager so i can get the Incredible lol (don't want to pay for 2 data plans)

anywho, yeah, my last project for the TP2 will be the dialer i'm helping to make. I'm working with one of the PPC members to port the Devotion dialer to the TP2, and its almost done, so its good timing.

I will be keeping my TP2 since i can switch back and forth when i want to get into some TP2 action again lol it keeps it from getting boring when you can customize your interface's look

i'm hoping that once the Incredible is rooted i can bring my themes to it as well. if not an entire theme, a flip clock theme or something

this will be my first android handset, i didn't like the Droid, the keyboard looked and felt cheap, didn't care for the screen quality and the fact its motorola and not HTC yeah.... i'll stop right there lol

the TP2 has to be the best phone i've ever had so far and the Incredible will take that throne away from it when i get it most likely

here's a couple of morsels to chew on until we get our "Bravo" 's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJyt463AoOA << TV Out in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYjhWkEWJbg << a new review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzlFlK-1dNY << a new review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUpmb1HLmjU << unboxing video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-bWXbyPxqw << review part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AgOG7my5Gs << review part 2

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible