PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: in the mean time...

MrGoodCat....take a look:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...29#post1720229

Sounds more than promissing!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
MrGoodCat....take a look:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...29#post1720229

Sounds more than promissing!!!
that is great news. man i can't wait. i am a little bummed though that rooting voids the warranty, but oh well. i have no fear of messing it up due to me rooting it, i would just be sad if say my mic died (having nothing to do with root) and i was stuck having to pay to get it fixed. however there is always the change they wouldn't even bother checking root status if a problem like that occured. i am rambling off...all in all i am very excited to see what more this phone is capable of rooted. stock it will blow away anything my tp2 could have done! can't wait!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
well since we are all playing the waiting game, i figured i'd take the time to learn about android. while searching to see what the sense ui keyboard looked like, i came across other options. one that stood out was "better keyboard"

http://betterandroid.wordpress.com/2...0-is-released/

it takes full advantage of the 3.7" real estate and gives you the option to download new skins off the android market. check it out, i think it will be something we could all use, especially those of us used to hardware keyboards...
I use Better Keyboard on my Hero and will defiinetely use it on the EVO when I get it. They are actually up to version 6.4 now and it really does jsut keep getting better! I especially like the ability to do speech to text for text messages and emails.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Now that's a great keyboard.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 04-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I use Better Keyboard on my Hero and will defiinetely use it on the EVO when I get it. They are actually up to version 6.4 now and it really does jsut keep getting better! I especially like the ability to do speech to text for text messages and emails.
awesome, can't wait to try it out! text to speech sounds cool too!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
that is great news. man i can't wait. i am a little bummed though that rooting voids the warranty, but oh well. i have no fear of messing it up due to me rooting it, i would just be sad if say my mic died (having nothing to do with root) and i was stuck having to pay to get it fixed. however there is always the change they wouldn't even bother checking root status if a problem like that occured. i am rambling off...all in all i am very excited to see what more this phone is capable of rooted. stock it will blow away anything my tp2 could have done! can't wait!
To be honest the same is true of flashing a WM phone, but I know multiple clerks (one with a rooted Eris now) that flash theirs and say it doesn't really matter in the long run that they all know people do it and it is hardly ever checked. Now that isn't to say that I would recommend trying it unless absolutely necessary. I think if you do reach a point with a rooted device that you find you have to turn it in I would try rooting it again/loading a new ROM....whatever it is called and pull the USB halfway through, or whatever it takes to brick the device, then there is no way for them to tell.

P.S. I posted more info on the root thread about it.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
To be honest the same is true of flashing a WM phone, but I know multiple clerks (one with a rooted Eris now) that flash theirs and say it doesn't really matter in the long run that they all know people do it and it is hardly ever checked. Now that isn't to say that I would recommend trying it unless absolutely necessary. I think if you do reach a point with a rooted device that you find you have to turn it in I would try rooting it again/loading a new ROM....whatever it is called and pull the USB halfway through, or whatever it takes to brick the device, then there is no way for them to tell.

P.S. I posted more info on the root thread about it.
very true, but if it came down to a hardware malfunction you could always relock it with winmo. but like you said its something they would rarely check. i would like to think that if one had a problem with say the mic, speaker, touch screen, etc. they would realize that its probably a defect that was not caused by software (rooting). but that is what i would like to think, haha. i'll be rooting no matter what though...still waiting the first 30 days just in case...

anyone know anything about the Best Buy phone insurance? i read on xda that its only $10 a month and there is no deductible to get a new phone. just wondering if they would jerk you around or not. my experience with a best buy isurance program was awful, but that was with a computer monitor not a phone...
Old 04-26-2010, 10:02 PM
VIP Member

I don't know much about the Best buy policies or pricing. It seems like their phones are prices a little lower there, so I wonder how much they will carry the Incredible for.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
I don't know much about the Best buy policies or pricing. It seems like their phones are prices a little lower there, so I wonder how much they will carry the Incredible for.
well i pre ordered it there and its the same as vzw store, but you don't have to deal with the mail in rebate, its automatic. so 199 plus tax. i was planning on getting asurion, but thats 6/month plus a 100 deductible. assuming you never need to pay the deductible its a better deal than bestbuys, but bestbuys does not require a deductible for getting a new phone...i just have a feeling it would be a hassle...
Old 04-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

MrRedPants is a n00b

In the meantime...I've been watching lots of videos
This one is quite good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzlFl...eature=related

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible