PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Singer_Actor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do I switch back to 1.5?

Since Verizon is sending out the real 2.1 update, I want that one. I have 2.1 rooted right now, so how do I switch back
Also, for some reason my sense UI keeps closing whenever I encounter the favorites widget on my homescreen.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: How do I switch back to 1.5?

lol the same question that EVERYONE asks.........well hate to tell you but you cant. there is no going back to 1.5 from the leaks.(different bootloaders and there is a hack in the works to downgrade so we can root) as stated before install the v3 leak because its the same exact version of the ota. some even say it runs better then ota.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Singer_Actor is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; ADR6200 Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I was told that I could because I upgraded with the rooted version.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer_Actor View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; ADR6200 Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I was told that I could because I upgraded with the rooted version.

oh my fault. i missed that part. yes you can go back.

Please read and follow the directions included in this thread.
This is fully working, I just did a full reflash to 1.5, including the kernel, the system software, the radio firmware, recovery image and the bootloader.
This must be done from a PC with Fastboot, which comes with windows. Linux/Mac users will have to find it and compile it. You will need to have Amon's recovery image installed to use this downgrade, at the end we will overwrite his image with the stock one.
Inside unzipme.zip are three files downgrade.zip md5sum: c440c87f1e67f4b62e05da0d255e80e9
-Do not unzip/open/alter this file
--Contains your kernel, radio firmware, and system.
recovery.img md5sum: 71a4b633bdb32de9dcdd8953fef43cdc
--stock recovery image
hboot.nb0 md5sum: 38899da4e5e002e3be22900f5f4eb6f7
--Original bootloader

Step one:
Put hboot.nb0 and recovery.img in the tools dir of your sdk.
Put downgrade.zip on the sdcard of your phone Step two:
Turn your phone off, then turn it back on holding the power button (red) and send button (green). Once in the boot loader press volume down, then volume up to get to Amon's recovery image. Go to wipe, wipe dalvik cache, and do a factory reset (aka wipe data). Then choose flash zip from sdcard, and flash downgrade.zip. The phone will flash the kernel, and system softare, then ask you to reboot. Let it reboot so it can flash the radio, it will restart back in the recovery image. You can power down your phone now.
At this point if your just wanted 1.5 back, you are done.
If you want the original bootloader and recovery image, (ie 100% stock) continue on.
Step three:
Plug your phone into your PC. Power your phone on using the power button (red) and send button (green). Your phone should now be sitting back at the bootloader screen and say FASTBOOT USB. Now on your PC, go to the sdk tools dir in command line. Issue this commanhttp://www.multiupload.com/6UE7AUN810d
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Let it flash, when done wait a minute (just to make sure).
Then issue this command
Code:
fastboot flash hboot hboot.nb0

Once this is done, wait a minute then pull your battery and restart your phone. You are now back at factory stock.
Thank you ivanmmj for showing me how to do this crud, and zifnab06 for telling me the right way to flash hboot.

http://androidmobileos.com/?p=14928

or

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=652419
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Singer_Actor is a n00b

Im not very tech savy... so care to help a bit more? Hahah sorry.
1) Im really not sure if I have Amon's Recovery Image. How do I check? and if I dont, how do I get it on my phone?

2) Do I really need to go back to 100% stock just to get the OTA update?
The reason I want the OTA is because Iv been having some problems with google navigate and my Sense UI with 2.1 recently and want the official update ( or I might just keep 1.5)

3) How do I get files into the SDK?

(Sorry for being so unsavy.. Im shocked I got to 2.1 rooted and was able to flash my roms on my old touch pro! Ha)

Last edited by Singer_Actor; 06-12-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

im not sure how it goes and i dont wanna give you the wrong answers. i will look into it, but maybe you should check out xda
Old 06-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=684049

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris