PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For Us v3 Leak Users........

i don't know about everyone else but i am starting to give up hope that the devs aren't working on a root for the v3 leak. i read that once the Incredible is rooted it will be easier for the v3 leaked Eris. lets hope so. that's sucks but i shouldve waited. oh well i guess.

Last edited by cg83; 06-06-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

oneders65 is becoming a great contributor
Re: For Us v3 Leak Users........

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg83 View Post
i don't know about everyone else but i am starting to give up hope that the devs aren't working on a root for the v3 leak. i read that once the Incredible is rooted it will be easier for the v3 leaked Eris. lets hope so. that's sucks but i shouldve waited. oh well i guess.

I think this phone never got the attention that the other Droids got. I will be waiting for my contract to expire so I can get the latest greatest phone. Incredible looks good but 12 moths is a long time to wait!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneders65 View Post
I think this phone never got the attention that the other Droids got. I will be waiting for my contract to expire so I can get the latest greatest phone. Incredible looks good but 12 moths is a long time to wait!

your right. the promo for this phone was horrible. i only seen 1 commercial and that was from HTC which is good for them, but Verizon probably didnt want to advertise for it because it wouldve been stealing the shine away from the overrated Driod.

oh in 12 months there will be phones out better then the Incredible. HTC Scorpion will be 1 of them
Old 06-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b

13 Months here for me. And upgrading is bitch since I'm on a corporate account.
(And hope that none of my fellow techs grab my upgrade, as they can inadvertently).

I'm planning on going to the VZW store soon to complain about my Eris loosing all sound intermittently and the bad battery performance. I'm hoping that I can grease the palms of the guy working there and see if I can weasel a swap for an incredible. (Maybe beg the store manager, but that rarely works as there is nothing in it for him).

Otherwise, I'll wait it out. This phone sucks so bad (yes, I'm hating it), that I refuse to pay the $50 insurance fee to get another Eris. (I'm tempted to sell this one and use my old XV6800 for now, until my next upgrade. The 6800 at least worked as a phone. This sound issue is PISSING me off!!!).

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 06-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
13 Months here for me. And upgrading is bitch since I'm on a corporate account.
(And hope that none of my fellow techs grab my upgrade, as they can inadvertently).

I'm planning on going to the VZW store soon to complain about my Eris loosing all sound intermittently and the bad battery performance. I'm hoping that I can grease the palms of the guy working there and see if I can weasel a swap for an incredible. (Maybe beg the store manager, but that rarely works as there is nothing in it for him).

Otherwise, I'll wait it out. This phone sucks so bad (yes, I'm hating it), that I refuse to pay the $50 insurance fee to get another Eris. (I'm tempted to sell this one and use my old XV6800 for now, until my next upgrade. The 6800 at least worked as a phone. This sound issue is PISSING me off!!!).

Im with you dude. im ready to sell this myself. although i havent had the sound problem as of yet. i really do miss the i910 and i'm thinking about getting other 1. i already seen a site where they guarantee you getting $132 for the Eris. or I can sell on ebay. Then just buy another I910 until I figure out what phone to get next. BUT the Incredible finally got rooted today so I will wait and see if the Eris leak is next
Old 06-18-2010, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: verizon

infamousj012 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to infamousj012

what is this site you speak of that garantees you 132 for this pos.. i'll throw down the remainder to get a half decent phone.. i'll go back to winmo(touch) if i have to :/ lol.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousj012 View Post
what is this site you speak of that garantees you 132 for this pos.. i'll throw down the remainder to get a half decent phone.. i'll go back to winmo(touch) if i have to :/ lol.

http://www.buymytronics.com/Cell-Pho...D-Eris-Verizon

i actually didnt use the site. i sold mine on ebay for 165 (+ 15 for shipping lol), it sold on the first 3 hours I put it up there.

Im going back to Winmo myself. Treo Pro(i'll flash to WM 6.5) until the new WM7 phones come out. I really wish VZW had the X10a from SE

I seriously cant believe I gave up my I910 for the Eris.....

Last edited by cg83; 06-18-2010 at 03:23 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris