PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS
(SOLVED) Sending pics through MMS. Messaging makes pics extremely small (like 5kb)

(SOLVED - Read 4th post)

Here is another problem with the Eris. Again, this is my sisters phone. I have noticed that all of the pics she sends me are friggin tiny. I mean like 5kb - 18kb in size. The problem isn't my phone. I can get large pics on my Touch Pro 2 with no problem through MMS. I checked her phone out for awhile. I took a picture on 3M setting, checked file size. It was about 600Kb. So I went to send it to my phone through messaging. This is the "Share" option ... right? Well , when I clicked share, I then clicked "messages" . It opens into a compose new message with the pic attached, only the pic is now extremely small and the file size is 5KB.... WTF? This isn't acceptable. The images are barely legible.. or viewable. Is there some kind of setting that would let you adjust the image send size, or stop it from being degraded so horribly? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Last edited by THE-COPS; 05-22-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sending pics through MMS. Messaging makes pics extremely small (like 5kb)

go to the camera settings and make sure reolution is set to 5mand quality is set to high. of course these settings mean the pics will take up more space on sdcard but its worth it.

then go to settings in messages and make sure make size is at 1.2m. or you can download Handcent SMS and i think they give you better options in there as far as size goes
Old 05-03-2010, 03:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Camera quality settings are at max. It doesn't matter what size it is set at, the messaging app still downsizes it to a thumbnail size. MMS max send size is already sent to 1.2MB. Its not the camera, and after searching I found there is no setting in there for image send resolution like the TP2 has. Now, if I send an image from my phone to the Eris, it will show up as a large image only slightly compressed but stil large. Then I can forward that same image back to my TP2 and it wil show up un-changed, like I sent it. Its when you attach a NEW image to an MMS message , is when it will degrade it to thumbnail size.

I know some of you out there have to have this probem as well. My bro-in-law has an Eris and its doing the same thing on his.

I'll look up Handcent and see if it does any better than the stock MMS. This is ridiculous!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

A little info for the rest of you. They both just got the official 2.1 upgrade. That totally fixed the problem. Now when you attach an image, the entire image gets attached unchanged. Excellent, now I can get the full size image, and they no longer need to use Handcent. Much more zippier.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris

Tags
images, mms, small, tiny