PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Renegade0475 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrade Windows 6.1 to 6.5

I've been on PPC Geeks for a couple of hours now, and I have seen a lot of cool things that I would like to do with my HTC TD, I have even managed to get Pandora to work on my phone. Now my main question is, how do I upgrade my stock Windows 6.1 to Windows 6.5. I am extremely new to this, so lamens terms would be very much accepted. Heh baby steps. I'm sorry if I am missing a thread about this somewhere, but anything I have found, I could not understand what was being said, much less the process.

Thanks In Advance
Old 08-21-2009, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Upgrade Windows 6.1 to 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade0475 View Post
I've been on PPC Geeks for a couple of hours now, and I have seen a lot of cool things that I would like to do with my HTC TD, I have even managed to get Pandora to work on my phone. Now my main question is, how do I upgrade my stock Windows 6.1 to Windows 6.5. I am extremely new to this, so lamens terms would be very much accepted. Heh baby steps. I'm sorry if I am missing a thread about this somewhere, but anything I have found, I could not understand what was being said, much less the process.

Thanks In Advance
i understand you are new here, so i think you should go here first...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78551

and start it from how to locking/unlocking your phone....

welcome to the site...=D>
Old 08-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Renegade0475 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpower73 View Post

Thank You

What exactly happens when you unlock your phone?
Old 08-21-2009, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade0475 View Post
Thank You

What exactly happens when you unlock your phone?
well, i am not exactly the geek.. like many others in here, but my understanding is that it make you flash to other custom roms... if you are asking of the fear that you might harm your phone, i must tell you that i went through the same thing and all i can say is that i am glad that i did, because i love my phone 100000+% after flashing to other rom.

the only thing that you have to be careful about is that what carrier that you are on.. meaning you should have CDMA phone to be on this forum... from sprint, verizon, alltel, telus... and you have GSM model, then you should get out of here.

every information that i am relaying to you right now will be answered the link that showed on previous post in more detail...

well, my suggestion to wm6.5 would be either, mightymike6.5 rom or energy rom6.5 warhawk for everyday use...

happy flashing!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Renegade0475 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpower73 View Post

Ok I unlocked my phone....now what do I do? also, it restarted itself, and all my contacts and things are still there completely intact along with my programs I downloaded....the program said it was finished and that it was unlocked, but I just wanna make sure, it did it correctly....anyway..can anyone tell me what the next step is I should take in upgrading my phone to Windows 6.5?

Last edited by Renegade0475; 08-21-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G2 and HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Matchstick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick

Unlocking it just set your phone up to be ready for flashing to a new ROM. But just make sure you realize that these are custom versions of 6.5 on here. Windows Mobile 6.5 is NOT officially released. And as with any custom ROM there is potential to brick your phone. (meaning it becomes a really pretty paper weight). However, speaking from the experience of flashing my Touch Pro, and my brother's Diamond, as well as all of his friends Touch Diamonds. If you read the directions found here you should be well on your way to WinMo 6.5 goodness in no time.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Renegade0475 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
Unlocking it just set your phone up to be ready for flashing to a new ROM. But just make sure you realize that these are custom versions of 6.5 on here. Windows Mobile 6.5 is NOT officially released. And as with any custom ROM there is potential to brick your phone. (meaning it becomes a really pretty paper weight). However, speaking from the experience of flashing my Touch Pro, and my brother's Diamond, as well as all of his friends Touch Diamonds. If you read the directions found here you should be well on your way to WinMo 6.5 goodness in no time.
Oh, ok, when does 6.5 come out?
Old 08-21-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G2 and HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Matchstick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick

There's no official release date that I know of. But it's supposed to be sometime in the third quarter of this year.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:31 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the HTC Diamond forum.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:15 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Go flash a ROM. Make sure you back everything up to Internal Storage or your computer as you'll lose it all. If you want I would suggest using Microsoft My Phone to start.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
touch diamond, upgrade, windows 6.5