PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation WARNING, There Has Been A Change Made To Your Server

I just connected my Diamond to my pc and the above warning appeared.
The message on my Diamond reads, "There has been a change made on your server that requires you to resynchronize all items on your device. All changes made since your last successful sync will be lost. Do you wish to continue?"
It asks if I want to continue. YES or NO
Can someone let me know what this all means as I never received this Warning Message before.
It appears that Sprint made changes to their server. If this is true, what might this be.
I posted this thread here because the issue relates to ActiveSync on my Diamond. If this is the wrong forum, please feel free to move it
I did not ActiveSync yet as I would like to know what this message means and if anyone else has gotten this message.

I reconfigured WMWiRouter earlier today but I don't know if that woiuld cause the above message to appear. It never has in the past.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-11-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: WARNING, There Has Been A Change Made To Your Server

sounds like you can just sync again, probably wifirouter config did it.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
sounds like you can just sync again, probably wifirouter config did it.
I didn't know that WMWiFiRouter would cause that message to appear.
Never happened before regarding server change message.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:38 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well back up your stuff to Microsoft My Phone just to be sure.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I had a back up on Spb Backup.
I started ActiveSync and it was kind of weird as I saw the contacts by number counting up. Never saw that during an ActiveSync.
It completed and that was it.
I still don't know what that message was about?
Old 08-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

I used to get this occassionally when syncing with google mobile exchange. For some reason (possibly a server-side update) it will invalidate your certificate on their server and you would be forced to get it back. The problem with that is it has to delete every item you got from the previous server sync to redownload them. It is a weird issue, and i've lost more than a few contactsto it, but it appears to be a semi-normal thing. usually just deleting and re-adding the exchange server fixes the problem. Its a PITA, but it seems like seldomly persistent necessary evil.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:46 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This is why My Phone is way better of a service to use because it doesn't lose stuff until you tell it to, and it is in the cloud so you don't have to worry about compromises unless your password is weak.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
This is why My Phone is way better of a service to use because it doesn't lose stuff until you tell it to, and it is in the cloud so you don't have to worry about compromises unless your password is weak.
word.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I unchecked syncing email in the active sync settings and I've never had the problem again.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
I unchecked syncing email in the active sync settings and I've never had the problem again.
I hear ya but it seems that the WARNING message happens so infrequently, that it is hard to be sure that unticking the box is the reason the message never popped up again so far.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond