PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 01:20 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who's staying with their Diamond?

I wouldn't mind a bigger screen but the thinness of the Diamond is so nice. I saw a comparison between the Touch Pro 2 and the Diamond as far as thickness and it is the same IIRC.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diam500
Carrier: Sprint

damienjp is becoming a great contributor

If i could get the Hero and stay on my none contract sero plan... im out !! LoL

Been wanting to try android for sometime now, was gonna switch to T-Mobile but heard the MT3G is a G1 with a facelift :'(
Old 08-09-2009, 04:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would try the Hero if it comes to Sprint, as long as Sprint doesn't make you switch to one of those new not so good plans compared to the plan I have.
I think you had to switch to one of these plans if you wanted the Pre.
It has been awhile but I think if you are already an existing customer, then you are able to keep your present plan.
Certain plan restrictions with certain devices may apply to new customers only. Someone else may have more definite info regarding this.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 08-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

I think in the very near future. Sero will be completly left in the dark. The first sign of this is when the tp2 and Hero come out. If and only if that is put on Simply everything, I think sero days will be over. I just switched myself from sero to get the pre and really I am not paying anymore then I was with my sero because of my discounts and now I have sprint navigation which is a $10.00 value.

I got a $70.00 renewal credit just because I left sero. The women in retentions gave it to me. I also got my pre for $30.00
Old 08-09-2009, 05:40 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Compared to the older plans like I have, (Friends & Family) if Iswtitched to the Simply Everything plan, I would be paying hundreds of dollars more per year.
I have 2000 A/T minutes with an additional line. Night/Weekends starting at 5pm plus alot of other stuff.
All for $99 before discount.
Even if a newer plan is $60 more per month, that is $720 per year more which is $1440 more over a 2 year
contract.
In addition, with some of the newer plans, you don't get all of the features that you can get with some of the older plans.

My brother has one of the original Sero plans, 1000 minutes for $50/mo.
Including data, roaming, etc.

Last edited by Biker1; 08-09-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

im def staying with the diamond unless the diamond2 drops this fall..but im also a sero user. so this plan will kinda keep me locked in the diamond for awhile..plus i need a phone that can tether..as its my only net connection out here in the country...
Old 08-09-2009, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work

unless the Whitestone or similar appears available on SERO, I'll stick with the Diamond... I like it quite a bit...
Old 08-09-2009, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

master4g is a n00b

well, it depends.

I have some questions about Sprints TEP. If i sign up for the plan, and my diamond has problems, how easy is it to get it fixed/ replaced. whats the chances of them trying to fix it vs replacing it (say for example for a button which is giving me problems)

Also, if my diamond is giving me problems, can i only switch to another diamond or am i able to switch to another phone like the touch pro

lastly but not least, if the diamond2/touch pro2 come out, how much after it comes out do you guys think we can get a diamond2 for a problem with the origional diamond? (like i give them my diamond which has a keypad problem, and they hand me a diamond2)
Old 08-09-2009, 09:15 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4g View Post
well, it depends.

I have some questions about Sprints TEP. If i sign up for the plan, and my diamond has problems, how easy is it to get it fixed/ replaced. whats the chances of them trying to fix it vs replacing it (say for example for a button which is giving me problems)

Also, if my diamond is giving me problems, can i only switch to another diamond or am i able to switch to another phone like the touch pro

lastly but not least, if the diamond2/touch pro2 come out, how much after it comes out do you guys think we can get a diamond2 for a problem with the origional diamond? (like i give them my diamond which has a keypad problem, and they hand me a diamond2)
Sprint will most likely replace your Diamond with a new or refurbed Diamond, as long as the Diamond is still available.
When the Diamonds first came out, you were most likely to receive a New Diamond as a replacement because there were not many refurbed ones available yet. Now there are tons of refurbed Diamonds available so you will most likely receive one of those.
Depending on what the issue is, Sprint is unlikely to repair it. Quicker to replace it.
Sprint will also honor the HTC 1 year warranty by replacing the Diamond in house, instead of you having to send your Diamond directly to HTC. At least that has been my experience.
Getting your Diamond replaced with a Diamond2 will only happen if there are no Diamonds available. I have a feeling that there are enough Diamonds to last at least a year, and likely longer, so getting a Diamond2 as a replacement ain't going to happen for awhile.
And there you have it.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

I will stick with my Diamond for a while as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond