PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 04:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

llmask is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PointUI Rom - what do you think?

who would volunteer?
Old 08-03-2009, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

galinsky is becoming a great contributor
Re: PointUI Rom - what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by llmask View Post
who would volunteer?
i for one would love to see this.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

yes, this would be cool especially with the new senseui theme. I have it running right now on a ssk cooked rom. should be fairly seamless to do once a oem is created for the point ui interface. probably would need to cab install the sense ui cabs to get it working properly.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

galinsky is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
yes, this would be cool especially with the new senseui theme. I have it running right now on a ssk cooked rom. should be fairly seamless to do once a oem is created for the point ui interface. probably would need to cab install the sense ui cabs to get it working properly.
i am trying to get the sense ui working but cannot get the bottom bar or the custo0mizable buttons to work ...
Old 08-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by galinsky View Post
i am trying to get the sense ui working but cannot get the bottom bar or the custo0mizable buttons to work ...
yep its a pain. I found out I downloaded the wrong files (7 & 8 instead of attachment 4 initially. try this:

I would use the installation method here which is in the pointsense thread:
http://community.pointui.com/topic/s...intsense-suite
also before you do anything, register with point ui so you can access to their cabs on the community site.

1)Any install problem. You can try:
Thank to ****enz:
- Remove PointUI from Start > Settings > System > Remove Programs
- Delete \Program Files\Home2\ if there is anything still there.
- Download and install PointUI 2.1.0.6 from http://www.pointui.com/products/home-2/
- Enable PointUI from Start > Settings > Today > Items > Tick PointUI Home2
- Close the Settings window.
- Disable PointUI from Start > Settings > Today > Items > Untick PointUI Home2
- Download and install PointSenseSuite (QVGA or VGA) from the first post.
- Download and install PointSense.Homescreen (QVGA or VGA) from the first post.
- Re-enable PointUI from Start > Settings > Today > Items > Tick PointUI Home2
- Once PointUI has started go to Menu > Customize > Change theme - Apply PointSense theme.
- Go to applets window, remove all current applets you don't want and add PointSense applets.

on the list of attachments download number 4 which has the 1.11 version of pointsensesuite and pointsensehomescreen cabs zipped up. The reason I mention this is I installed pointui, then attachment 7 & 8 and it didnt work. thankfully someone mentioned that 7 & 8 were an older version so I followed the directions above on the second attempt and it worked. its a little hairy at first but once you set up the the weather (which will then prompt you on the homescreen to select your town), set up applets, it should run good. Obviously Hippy knows best and can help or I would be happy to assist if your run into any problems.

Here what it looks like on my Diamond!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=712

Last edited by Riley; 08-04-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

timmay333 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: PointUI Rom - what do you think?

if someone can streamline that interface for the diamond, it would be a must download. its a pain in the butt to get things to work. but once it does, im in heaven!

Common ROM gurus! YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

DiamondsAreForever is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay333 View Post
if someone can streamline that interface for the diamond, it would be a must download. its a pain in the butt to get things to work. but once it does, im in heaven!

Common ROM gurus! YOU CAN DO IT!
I'm just flashed my own custom cooked rom, as long as all goes well, I will probably release it to the ppcgeeks population along with a seperate PointUI version. I just need motivation, lol.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondsAreForever View Post
I'm just flashed my own custom cooked rom, as long as all goes well, I will probably release it to the ppcgeeks population along with a seperate PointUI version. I just need motivation, lol.
that's great that you would be willing to give it a go! I did get it all set up on my cooked up rom as well but the problem for me is reliability of the interface. If I select "update now" in weather, it freezes and goes back to nothing. Very strange. Also last night it stopped updating weather and was locked up again. it needs some work needless to say. Hopefully there will be more refinement because the ui looks great. Anyway, good luck if you try to do this. I would try it for sure.

Last edited by Riley; 08-04-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diam500

damienjp is becoming a great contributor

Im using my own own cooked rom and it works great, no freezing... simply just works and really fast. Though i use a very slim, no TF3D, etc. rom.

I would love to have a Rom with PointSense cooked in
FTW X1000
Old 08-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

threethirteen is a n00b

i used it all day and it flows beautifully but freezes up a lot. almost everytime i used facebook i had to pull the battery to get it running again. the quicklinks were not so quick. i would like to be able to personalize it a little more. but i like the applets if they didnt freeze up. the calander freezes when i switch back from it for a second. the fonts get overlapped sometimes for a second...

all in all, it looks really nice but i think tf3d is way more convenient to use and flows just as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond