PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D + Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

leylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP: Water Damage Indicator

Oh my god, this is retarded. I was cleaning the Diamond screen with the ZAGG screen cleaning solution and next thing you know the water mark indicator right below the Reset key under the battery cover has turned red. Phone works fine and everything, I am only concerned that I will have difficulty getting a replacement later on if needed. Any suggestions?

Edit: I have only had the phone for a little over a month.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:42 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: HELP: Water Damage Indicator

Did it turn red right as you were doing it? You might explain your situation to the carrier. I would get insurance now.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Just for future reference, I always sport a piece of tape over the water indicator just in case I actually do get it wet it wont indicate so, LOL.
**Make sure you cut out a small piece of paper(the size of the water indicator) and put that paper between the tape and the indicator preventing the tape from ripping the indicator paper upon removal!!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 07-09-2009 at 07:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leylomo View Post
Oh my god, this is retarded. I was cleaning the Diamond screen with the ZAGG screen cleaning solution and next thing you know the water mark indicator right below the Reset key under the battery cover has turned red. Phone works fine and everything, I am only concerned that I will have difficulty getting a replacement later on if needed. Any suggestions?

Edit: I have only had the phone for a little over a month.
SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME A SHORT WHILE AGO
I had the same thought about what would happen if I had future issues and had to exchange my Diamond.
Also knowing that the situation being resolved to my satisfaction would be dependent on the store rep or manager I would speak with and whether they woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day
My solution was the following:
I have 2 spare OEM batteries so I first removed the sticker from my Diamond and then cut the sticker to size from one of the batteries and placed it on my Diamond.
And there you have it.
You can purchase a water mark sticker from Best Buy as long as it is the same color, and trim it to size. Or you can go purchase an OEM battery and trim the sticker.
Or purchase an after market battery as long as it has the same color sticker.
It would be an out of pocket expense but would be cheaper if you needed to exchange the device, plus you would have a spare battery.
Btw, I replaced the Zagg Shield and it happened again but this time the sticker turned color slightly and not that noticeable.
I will take the advice of a latter post regarding covering the sticker or leave the back cover on next time
Old 07-09-2009, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Just for future reference, I always sport a piece of tape over the water indicator just in case I actually do get it wet it wont indicate so, LOL.
Never thought to do that
Old 07-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Hmm not a bad idea. =D>
Old 07-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Actually, don't do the tape thing. I tried it just now and the tape was sticking out of the back cover....so i took it off to trim it or put a new one on. The top layer with the red cross hatching came off.
So it looks like I'll be trying to salvage the one from my extra battery and putting it on the phone if I ever need to send it in.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:23 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
Actually, don't do the tape thing. I tried it just now and the tape was sticking out of the back cover....so i took it off to trim it or put a new one on. The top layer with the red cross hatching came off.
So it looks like I'll be trying to salvage the one from my extra battery and putting it on the phone if I ever need to send it in.

Are you using duck tape ? j/k
Old 07-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

nope, regular ol scotch
Old 07-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Arrg, dammit, i did that soo long ago, I forgot to mention that If you press too hard it can rip off the sticker too. I made that mistake with my last phone. For this phone,I cut a small piece of paper big enough to cover the square, stuck that to the tape, then covered the square with the tape. Ill add that to my other post so people dont do it wrong, sorry.

This could definitely save your azz if you actually do get it wet.

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 07-09-2009 at 07:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond