PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

iflog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Assinging Buttons

Whenever I try to assign buttons to something different I go to settings, buttons, and the only button that shows up there is the send key (hold). It is assigned to Voice Command. How do I change any other buttons. They aren't listed.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2
Re: Assinging Buttons

Are you just wanting to change the hardware buttons?

You can try this link. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...light=hardkeys

Last edited by b4u2; 06-21-2009 at 08:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

iflog is a n00b

I would rather not install yet another program. Shouldn't I be able to reassign any or all of the buttons? I could do it on my Titan Mogul. Why does only one show up on the list to change when there are 5 on the front, 2 on the side and 1 on the top of the phone? I know they all serve a certain function but I would think they could be changed?
Old 06-21-2009, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflog View Post
I would rather not install yet another program. Shouldn't I be able to reassign any or all of the buttons? I could do it on my Titan Mogul. Why does only one show up on the list to change when there are 5 on the front, 2 on the side and 1 on the top of the phone? I know they all serve a certain function but I would think they could be changed?
nope.
go with that program, it's the best.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:15 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
without saying thanks of even LOOKING at the link he gave you complain you want something better? If you look at the first sentence it says he had the Mogul too and found the way to fix the problem you are complaining about.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Installing the program, make the changes, then uninstall it
Old 06-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

It took me a long time to find this.
How to change the Long press keys and short press keys to any program you want:

Long pressing RED call button brings us to HTC end key but there are other buttons that you can long press or short press to link it to a program you like such as power button to use slide to unlock (S2U2).

Long_PTT.lnk (push to talk button+long press)
Long_End.lnk (the red key+long press)
Long_Send.lnk (the green key+long press)
Short_PTT.lnk (push to talk button)
Long_Power.lnk (Power button +long press)
Short_Power.lnk (Power button)

If you want to link a program to above buttons then just copy the .exe of that file and paste it as SHORTCUT and then rename it to above and after that put it to \Windows folder !!!! If you want S2U2 when you press power button then just go to file explorer and then to \Program Files\S2U2\s2u2.exe and copy and paste it as short cut and then rename it to Long_Power or Short_power and place it in \Windows folder. press power button and it will start s2u2.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

iflog is a n00b

Hey Curb71. If your not part of the solution your part of the problem. Please don't post if you have no help. I wasn't complaining about b4u2's response and I did read the link he sent. It looks like more work installing another program to make a simple change that I feel should be just that, a simple change. I thank all who have reasonable responses and appreciate any help I receive on this forum.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post

Long pressing RED call button brings us to HTC end key but there are other buttons that you can long press or short press to link it to a program you like such as power button to use slide to unlock (S2U2).

If you want to link a program to above buttons then just copy the .exe of that file and paste it as SHORTCUT and then rename it to above and after that put it to \Windows folder !!!! If you want S2U2 when you press power button then just go to file explorer and then to \Program Files\S2U2\s2u2.exe and copy and paste it as short cut and then rename it to Long_Power or Short_power and place it in \Windows folder. press power button and it will start s2u2.
Great post,this should help Iflog

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 06-22-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post

Tried this and it didn't work, have you actually tested it on a diamond?

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond