PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gemilove is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
what to do when traveling abroad...

When traveling abroad but still want to use my diamond for other purposes (schedule, contact, wifi, games, other softwares...), what should be turned off (phone? data?...) and on (flight mode?)? I had some bad experience w/ my Touch which was constantly looking for the network and thus would practically freeze up the phone.
Thank you.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:45 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: what to do when traveling abroad...

Turn on flight mode and it will kill your cellular radio.
It wont look for any signals. and youll see a huge gain in battery life!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:47 PM
S2W
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

S2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the community

+1 I agree with yearn...

Old 06-19-2009, 11:36 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Actually just turn off the phone. I think flight mode kills bluetooth and wi-fi but I can be wrong.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

I actually just got back from spending a month in the UK, so I can tell you that you should put it in flight mode, and keep your wifi radio on. The drain of just the wifi radio and nothing else isn't too bad. In London, there were so many open hotspots it was almost like I had cell coverage. Also I would recommend downloading skype (the skype 3.0 beta if you plan on texting) and buying some skype minutes if you haven't already done so. Another bit of a warning, when I was over there I was able to call American numbers just fine, but when it came to dialing UK numbers it was giving me a hard time. Not sure if that was my noobness showing or if the WM version doesn't have that capability, Not sure where you're going so I don't know how much that helps but nonetheless have great trip!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond