PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bobinfla is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
text entry box is too small

Is there a way to increase the size of the text entry box when replying to text messages? Or even reduce the font size of the text? I just like to proof read what I typed before hitting send and being only able to view one line of text at a time is frustrating and the up and down scroll buttons are way to small to be easy to touch with a stylus, much less my thumb.

Half the screen is wasted displaying old messages instead of the one that is being typed.

A compromise would be expanding the text entry box when you collapse the keyboard so the message could be proofread, instead it just moves the still tiny box to the bottom of the screen and displays more old messages.

bob
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:15 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Re: text entry box is too small

thats a good question. maybe something that made the typing area about the same size as the area that shows past texts.

I know you can change the font size by running your finger around the center circle button. and Start>Settings>Screen>Text Size is where you can change it too.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bobinfla is a n00b

I just tried that, it does change the font size of the past texts, but not the font size in the text entry box.
That was good to learn though, thanks.
I'm sure this isn't an issue for people more proficient at texting than me, but I make frequent errors and find this incredibly frustrating.
bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
thats a good question. maybe something that made the typing area about the same size as the area that shows past texts.

I know you can change the font size by running your finger around the center circle button. and Start>Settings>Screen>Text Size is where you can change it too.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bobinfla is a n00b

Whoops. I spoke too soon. Running my thumb around the button didn't work, but changing the text size in the screen settings did. I may need to invest in some reading glasses, but I can now fit three lines of (tiny) text in that box which is probably more than sufficient.
It still would be a nice tweak though to be able to customize the size of that box.
Thanks again.
bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post

Old 06-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

You can use the up/down buttons around the wheel to scroll up and down in the input box.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bobinfla is a n00b

Another good tip. It never occurred to me to even try that. That will help a lot too.
thanks.
bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
You can use the up/down buttons around the wheel to scroll up and down in the input box.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond