PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Savage TD2 Keyboard no arrows v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
it has already been done. here's the thread's link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65573

-----

just wondering, what is different in this new version, compared to Rhodium's?
Thanks! Seems to work decently, I love the speed of button presses and holding down buttons in Fingerboard, but I like the Compact T9 option as well. now I have both!

Thanks again!

Old 05-20-2009, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell

goldengraham is becoming a great contributor

It would be really nice if it was possible to get both of these and CompactQWERTY in the same package.

This is still great tho,
Keep up the good work, arrows suck!
GG
Old 05-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengraham View Post
It would be really nice if it was possible to get both of these and CompactQWERTY in the same package.

This is still great tho,
Keep up the good work, arrows suck!
GG
I agree.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

I'd also LOVE to see the phone keypad (multiple letters per key) in this package. I always hit the wrong keys with the QWERTY. I know you might not have time, I understand.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:15 PM
ill
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

ill is keeping up the good workill is keeping up the good work

phone keypad all the way.. no arrows, if you can do it.. with no options button. no one uses that, just gets in the way.

thank you sir. keep up the good work
Old 05-20-2009, 04:45 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Does the XT9 word addition work properly in this version?
[ie. When typing in XT9 and a word isn't recognized, I tap the "+" to add a word. In the OEM kb, the toggle would switch to ABC mode automatically and it would actually work in that mode until the new word was either accepted or rejected. In the most recent versions, it was impossible to switch correctly into ABC mode- it either wouldn't switch at all or it would say it had, but XT9 was still working and so I couldn't actually enter an unrecognized word.]

Old 05-20-2009, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

savage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Does the XT9 word addition work properly in this version?
[ie. When typing in XT9 and a word isn't recognized, I tap the "+" to add a word. In the OEM kb, the toggle would switch to ABC mode automatically and it would actually work in that mode until the new word was either accepted or rejected. In the most recent versions, it was impossible to switch correctly into ABC mode- it either wouldn't switch at all or it would say it had, but XT9 was still working and so I couldn't actually enter an unrecognized word.]
i do not use that feature, thats what you guys are for. test it and post what did and what did not, and what you were doing at the time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:24 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Unhappy Re: Savage TD2 Keyboard no arrows v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage25rcracer View Post
i do not use that feature, thats what you guys are for. test it and post what did and what did not, and what you were doing at the time.
Installed- same thing happens.
I type a word that XT9 doesn't recognize and it tries to enter some random word (it's set for English, but those aren't English words... do we have an XT9 editor around?). I tap on the "+" and start typing and the button/toggle indicates ABC, but it won't let me enter my word without altering it. [ie. I try to type a name, "Dorey", but on the last few letters it insists on showing "Adorey". Not even a word/name and certainly not what I typed.]
That's the issue I'm seeing.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

savage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Installed- same thing happens.
I type a word that XT9 doesn't recognize and it tries to enter some random word (it's set for English, but those aren't English words... do we have an XT9 editor around?). I tap on the "+" and start typing and the button/toggle indicates ABC, but it won't let me enter my word without altering it. [ie. I try to type a name, "Dorey", but on the last few letters it insists on showing "Adorey". Not even a word/name and certainly not what I typed.]
That's the issue I'm seeing.
OK have you tryed using the my words app, on my diamond i have put it into my start menu apps. i dont know about your rom but when i add a word in the app it works great. the app is in the windows folder if you installed the cab, it may be called et9mywords.exe

Last edited by savage25rcracer; 05-21-2009 at 04:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Re: Savage TD2 Keyboard no arrows v4.5

savage-

would it be possible to put out a no arrows phone-keypad style version only, once you get that completed?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond