PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SpTz20 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone Does NOT connect to PC

Hi im trying to connect to my pc via usb but the pc is not detecting it...instead of the three options coming up...activesync...outlook...or internet sharing....it automatically opens the internet sharing program and from there does nothing...and the pc does not recognize the phone...please HELP!!!!!!!!! thakn you!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Phone Does NOT connect to PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpTz20 View Post
Hi im trying to connect to my pc via usb but the pc is not detecting it...instead of the three options coming up...activesync...outlook...or internet sharing....it automatically opens the internet sharing program and from there does nothing...and the pc does not recognize the phone...please HELP!!!!!!!!! thakn you!
couple things.

1. which operating system
2. try installing activesync again
3. restart the computer, sometimes mine doesn't detect it either but the computer just needed rebooted. also soft reset the phone.
4. also, when it connects on the screen, make sure you select active sync (1st option) before the screen mimimizes. you may have tapped internet sharing once before and it just goes to the last option.

actually try 4 first
Old 05-10-2009, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
couple things.

1. which operating system
2. try installing activesync again
3. restart the computer, sometimes mine doesn't detect it either but the computer just needed rebooted. also soft reset the phone.
4. also, when it connects on the screen, make sure you select active sync (1st option) before the screen mimimizes. you may have tapped internet sharing once before and it just goes to the last option.

actually try 4 first
oh srry...its vista...and im gonna try option 3 first and lets see what happens with that!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

option number 4 dosent even come up...dont know why...and how do i install activesync again?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
option number 4 dosent even come up...dont know why...and how do i install activesync again?

This should be in the regular Diamond forum...
I'm sure it will get moved but in the mean time...

Vista uses Windows Mobile Device Center.. you can download it from microsoft.
If your phone is not giving you the options window to connect via active sync, disk drive, or internet sharing when you first connect to the pc it may have inadvertently been defaulted. To put the "option" back in go to start/settings/connections then click the USB to PC icon and be sure the "Ask me first...." box at the bottom is checked. That way you have the choice every time you attach to pc.

Now, first you need to connect via WMDC so be sure you download and install that to your Vista pc. You do not have to set up a sync connection if you don't want to sync data but you will need it for drivers and such for other purposes...

See where you stand once you've done these two steps. Also you haven't said what your purpose for connecting is... let us know so we can point you the right direction once you have wmdc installed...

BrennB
Old 05-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
if you using vista, you need to mwmdc, not active sync. You can get it here in the Unlocking thread. go to Unlocking phone, number 2.

How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting

edit, eeniemini got your covered! good luck.

Last edited by Riley; 05-10-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

If you are running Vista you need Mobile Device Center, not Activesync.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx

If you meant Activesync as Mobile Device Center then ignore my post.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 05-10-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

srry yes i have all these software and i did the option to ask me...but still nope...i just want to connect to my vista based pc so i can FLASH!!!!!! lol
Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Are you using the usb cable that came with the phone? Some cables will only charge.. not pass data. I had that problem before.

Do you have any response between phone and PC at all? IE does it connect as disk drive that you can see it in My computer?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

its ok guys i just got fed up and hard resetted lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond