PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

iammarkus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to iammarkus
Smile 6.5 vs 6.1

Hi all, I have been running Mighty's ROM 5 for more than a week now and loving it. Very stable and fast!!!! I installed Reese's 6.5 build and although it looks good, I got gun shy when the familiar UI was not there anymore. So I got cold feet and reinstalled 6.1 with TF3D. Now I am not tied to the TF3D, but what I would like to ask is, and I know this has been asked before, but could this thread be used to capture peoples experiences changing from 6.1 to 6.5? Perhaps describe the ROM you used, the hurdles you overcame getting use to the new interface and so on....

By the way, Reese, looks like you and the others here do great "cooking" if that is the right word. I may, I say MAY, try you 6.5 again and install some of your CABs you created to improve 6.5...(Opera and Photo Album fix.tweak).

Keep up the good work...

OOPS! I SEE SOMEONE HAS ALREADY POSTED A POLL... GREAT IDEA!!!!!
SO PLEASE DISREGARD

MD
Old 05-07-2009, 11:59 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: 6.5 vs 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammarkus View Post
Hi all, I have been running Mighty's ROM 5 for more than a week now and loving it. Very stable and fast!!!! I installed Reese's 6.5 build and although it looks good, I got gun shy when the familiar UI was not there anymore. So I got cold feet and reinstalled 6.1 with TF3D. Now I am not tied to the TF3D, but what I would like to ask is, and I know this has been asked before, but could this thread be used to capture peoples experiences changing from 6.1 to 6.5? Perhaps describe the ROM you used, the hurdles you overcame getting use to the new interface and so on....

By the way, Reese, looks like you and the others here do great "cooking" if that is the right word. I may, I say MAY, try you 6.5 again and install some of your CABs you created to improve 6.5...(Opera and Photo Album fix.tweak).

Keep up the good work...

SO PLEASE DISREGARD

MD
Give me a day or 2 and I should have a new rom up with those tweaks included. Of course, if you must try now then at least use the HTC Album registry edit that DSI76 suggests like 2 posts below mine - its much cleaner.

Edit: I said "20 posts" on accident

Last edited by da_reeseboy; 05-07-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Did the tweak... AAAAANNNNNDDDDD STILL LOVING IT!

Is there a way to add or remove items to the taskbar???? If I am asking for too much, tell me to fly a kite.

Very stable, no delay phone like TF phone dialer. Just taking a bit to get used to the new UI. But overall, I am impressed!!!!

Keep up the good work!

Oh for those with Telus in Canada, for AGPS, set the carrier to Orange... worked like a charm with Google Maps, Windows Live search and Route66.

MD
Old 05-07-2009, 09:54 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Did the tweak... AAAAANNNNNDDDDD STILL LOVING IT!

Is there a way to add or remove items to the taskbar???? If I am asking for too much, tell me to fly a kite.

Very stable, no delay phone like TF phone dialer. Just taking a bit to get used to the new UI. But overall, I am impressed!!!!

Keep up the good work!

Oh for those with Telus in Canada, for AGPS, set the carrier to Orange... worked like a charm with Google Maps, Windows Live search and Route66.

MD
What kind of items?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

i personally like the interface of 6.5 better than TF3D, thats just me tho.

I think flicking up and down is more naturally and quicker than side to side
Old 05-08-2009, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

adz1966 is keeping up the good workadz1966 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to adz1966 Send a message via Skype™ to adz1966

6.5 on Indagrooves SimpleROM on my Diamond is incredible! Fast, smooth and clean. I can't believe how much storage/program space I have now. I have tried many ROMs but this is the one. If I could find a better way to arrange my program files, it would be perfect. Not almost perfect, PERFECT!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

flickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good work

I too love SimpleROM. It is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz1966 View Post
6.5 on Indagrooves SimpleROM on my Diamond is incredible! Fast, smooth and clean. I can't believe how much storage/program space I have now. I have tried many ROMs but this is the one. If I could find a better way to arrange my program files, it would be perfect. Not almost perfect, PERFECT!!
What I do is create two folders in windows/start menu/programs one for all my multimedia stuff and one for all the stuff I hardly use. After this I only have one page of programs in start menu. (I don't have to scroll down unless I click the MORE folder with all the stuff I hardly use.)

Also if you press and hold the icons down in start menu it gives you the option of MOVE TO TOP. Now it takes a little bit of planning to get everything right where you want it. But it is pretty easy to put all the important stuff at the top of the list.
Current Radio: ___
Old 05-21-2009, 06:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Items = Maybe a twitter item...
Old 05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Items = Maybe a twitter item...

here is a good thread for mw6.5 and titanium plugins like cfacebook and CTwitter and more

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65584
Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well if you use Calcu kitchen, you can put TouchFlo on 6.5. Thats what I use and prefer. Best of both worlds.

Quote:

Keep up the good work...

SO PLEASE DISREGARD

MD

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond