PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

onlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[VGA][30 June 2009]EzInput 2.0 Build 348550 Compact QWERTY and Improved Landscape

EzInput 2.0 build 348550 with Compact QWERTY and Improved Landscape (English) - VGA

30 June 2009: I am using a newer version of EzInput 2.0 (build 348550), so hopefully Activesync issues are fixed and there may be small speed improvements. However, proper hardware keyboard mapping may no longer work, so you may not wish to use this version if you have a Touch Pro or Fuze. I also now remove EzInput 1.5 files as part of this install, so you should be able to safely install this version on a ROM that has the older version of EzInput 1.5 cooked in (previously this did not work on any EzInput 2.0 build and would require a hard reset).

Update 5 (23 May 2009): I went back to an older build of EzInput 2.0 (build 33633) that allows proper mapping of the Raphael (Touch Pro and Fuze) keyboard. The issue with the Home key displaying the symbols screen is also fixed. I took the time to improve some of the graphics, and made the color highlights blue instead of green.

Open Issues:
An issue that I can't seem to overcome is being ably to reliably select between Compact QWERTY and Full QWERTY. I have gotten it to successfully do so in the past, but for now you may need to unfortunately edit the registry and soft-reset.

"HKLM/Software/HTC/ezsip/CurrentSIP"

= "0x00000a00" for Compact QWERTY
= "0x00000d00" for Full QWERTY

By default I have set it to Compact QWERTY for portrait mode. It should go to Full QWERTY for landscape mode. This is the configuration I would expect most people to use.

Todo List:
Create more colored themes
Enable others to port languages other than English

Download EzInput_2.0.33633.zip (VGA, Blue)
Download EzInput_2.0.348550-VGA-Green.cab (**LATEST**)

Last edited by onlinespending; 06-30-2009 at 04:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 27 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:11 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
Re: EzInput 2.0 Compact QWERTY

wow...awesome work!!!

Thanks for sharing!!
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

This is definitely going to make a lot of people happy
Old 04-20-2009, 05:05 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Not bad. I like how it's got the big size buttons like TouchPal but it's free. I might try it out sometime.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Thanks I'll give it a shot
Old 04-21-2009, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell

goldengraham is becoming a great contributor

I just tried installing the cab with Compact QWERTY and there are issues here.

1st off, first install didnt install the keyboard, but it did manage to corrupt my TF3d.

2nd install, the keyboard works now, but TF3d is still toast... also in the SIP list it shows EzInput and Compact QWERTY, EzInput brings up the Compact QWERTY keyboard shown on post 1. clicking on Compact QWERTY brings up the default WM keyboard (and moves the ratio button there)

You also cannot remove this keyboard.

If anyone has ideas on how to restore my TF3d, it would be greatly appreciated.

GG
Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

onlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengraham View Post
I just tried installing the cab with Compact QWERTY and there are issues here.

1st off, first install didnt install the keyboard, but it did manage to corrupt my TF3d.
As expected, since it required EzInput 2 to already be installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengraham View Post
2nd install, the keyboard works now, but TF3d is still toast... also in the SIP list it shows EzInput and Compact QWERTY, EzInput brings up the Compact QWERTY keyboard shown on post 1. clicking on Compact QWERTY brings up the default WM keyboard (and moves the ratio button there)

You also cannot remove this keyboard.

If anyone has ideas on how to restore my TF3d, it would be greatly appreciated.

GG
The SIP list problem is an unfortunate problem with nearly every variant of EzInput 2. If anyone knows how to solve this I'd love to know. I have to edit the registry to change which EzInput keyboard I use. If you were using the EzInput 1.5 SIP prior to this install you'll need to stop that process (SIPGT_App) and remove it from the BootLoader registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\BootLauncher\Apps\ SIPGT_app).

As for why TF3D would have issues, that I cannot explain. I'll have to try it myself with TF3D and see if I experience the same thing.

Also, the CAB is uninstallable, because when I made it uninstallable with WinCE CAB manager my Diamond would require a hard-reset after uninstalling it. Does anyone know how to make a nicely working uninstallable CAB?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

I don't know how to make an uninstallable cab (but I'm pretty sure for things like this you can't), but I do know how to restore the keyboard without a hard reset. Download the Diamond Keyboards zip here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1237532353 and unzip. use the task manager included to kill SIPGT_app.exe then install the cab you want.

p.s. I tried the OEM last night and when I cooked it in there was no keyboard and when I hit the button to pop up the keyboard the screen just went white. I don't know if you have tested it yet, but just thought you should know.

Last edited by tersoth; 04-21-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

brc64 is becoming a great contributor

I'm running the latest intxROM, which as far as I can tell only has FingerKeyboard2 and the stock Windows Mobile keyboards. I miss Compact QWERTY and would love to have it back. Before I download anything, I just wanted to clarify a couple of things from your edits--

Am I right in understanding that your CABs include EZ Input 2.0, which I don't currently have, so that should get me up and running? I'm also not completely understanding the difference between the regular and OEM versions-- which would I need?

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

updated with a newer version. Still looking for some help creating a working uninstallable CAB however.

EDIT: Looks like the landscape Full QWERTY with the latest release is misaligned, so I'll have to update that sooner than I had hoped.

Last edited by onlinespending; 04-21-2009 at 03:03 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond