PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 02:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

samnyc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is this battery okay for my phone?

I bought a battery off a dealextreme for our phone. It runs at about 4100mV while our stock battery runs about 3700 mV. Will it damage my phone if I continue to use it?

The battery meter also runs at a constant 1%. I'm running intx 1.4, I'm not sure if its a rom or battery issue. Its likely the battery since the stock battery has no issues with this. This doesn't seem to trigger any of the battery save events so it hasn't hapered functionality, but is this anything to worry about?
Old 04-12-2009, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Re: Is this battery okay for my phone?

I read a story about a guy who's dead now because a crappy aftermarket battery exploded in his pocket, sending shrapnel into his jugular vein in neck, I would be weary of cheap knock off batteries
Old 04-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

jsvt3 is keeping up the good workjsvt3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to jsvt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
I read a story about a guy who's dead now because a crappy aftermarket battery exploded in his pocket, sending shrapnel into his jugular vein in neck, I would be weary of cheap knock off batteries
I heard the same thing a while back, don't know if it's true or not, but I would say go with something safe and reliable (for you and your phone). Such an expensive device, no point in adding on cheap parts.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
I think this is the exploding battery story that most people talk about, but it actually turned out to be a gun.

OP, I know some non-OEM batteries do not work with the battery meter on the Diamond.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

if you want a good battery that last you over two day (well for me it does) get the mugen power batteries for your diamond...
they got it on ebay quite expensive but totally worth it.. http://cgi.ebay.com/3000mAh-EXTENDED...3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 04-13-2009, 02:41 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
if you want a good battery that last you over two day (well for me it does) get the mugen power batteries for your diamond...
they got it on ebay quite expensive but totally worth it.. http://cgi.ebay.com/3000mAh-EXTENDED...3A1%7C294%3A50
Are there any stock sized ones so I don't have to get a new back cover?
Old 04-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Are there any stock sized ones so I don't have to get a new back cover?
well the cover comes included with the battery, but if you want the stock just go to your carrier and ask for a battery, they should give you want, but sometime they take the one that you got (they did to me once).

if yuo looking for a battery to last you longer why go for the stock when it doesn't last long?

Last edited by rafyrod; 04-13-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:37 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I want a stock sized battery as in size, not capacity. I want something like 1800mAH but still snug in the same back plate.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I want a stock sized battery as in size, not capacity. I want something like 1800mAH but still snug in the same back plate.
you can try the seido extended battery that it 2000 mAh that cost like around $59 bucks. but i dont of any battery that has the same size of the stock battery and more mAh. i have the 3000 mAh one from mugen power batteries ($100).
i also would not recommend those cheap knock off batteries from china...
Old 04-13-2009, 05:48 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Ugh you would think they would make more stock sized ones. I don't want a thick phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond