PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

Steve803 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ANOTHER Keyboard question.....

So, is there no keyboard that allows you to turn the phone SIDEWAYS and use the full QWERTY? I would assume since this phone has an accelerometer it's possible... I've had a 6800 in the past as well as a Touch but I'm still getting used to the Diamond...
Old 04-05-2009, 10:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: ANOTHER Keyboard question.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve803 View Post
So, is there no keyboard that allows you to turn the phone SIDEWAYS and use the full QWERTY? I would assume since this phone has an accelerometer it's possible... I've had a 6800 in the past as well as a Touch but I'm still getting used to the Diamond...
If you're asking whether or not the keyboard will stay open when you rotate the screen to landscape ... the answer is no. Once in landscape, you will need to re-open the keyboard. As far as the various keyboards working in landscape mode ... most do. I use the keyboard ported from the TP2 ... like it a lot. The Finger Keyboard is a good one as well ... lots of different skins (colors) available for it.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Steve803 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
If you're asking whether or not the keyboard will stay open when you rotate the screen to landscape ... the answer is no. Once in landscape, you will need to re-open the keyboard. As far as the various keyboards working in landscape mode ... most do. I use the keyboard ported from the TP2 ... like it a lot. The Finger Keyboard is a good one as well ... lots of different skins (colors) available for it.
Actually I was asking HOW to get the keyboard in landscape. lol Like for use with the stock QWERTY.

Il plan on installing the Finger Keyboard today I just haven't gotten around to it.....
Old 04-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Since the Diamond comes without a hard keyboard the makers mistakingly thought we'd be using it in portrait so there is no built ino auto rotate for most programs. What you need to do is look into which method you want to install for screen rotation. There is a "gyrator2" program that you can customize for various apps/circumstances or there is a simple exe file "rotatescreen.exe" that you can put in your start menu and then assign softkey or quick start link in startmenu to rotate screen at will. I use that one because I always get all confused waiting for rotation.... its easier for me to go to start/rotate screen and be done.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Try SPB keyboard for a nice full screen landscape mode. It has a button you push on the keyboard to switch to a full screen landscape mode. The text is entered in a box at the top and once you are finished, all the text that was typed gets entered into wherever the cursor was (ie a text message box - kind of hard to explain, but you'll see what I mean if you try it). It also works well for replying to messages on forums such as these ones - you can see what you're typing without it running off of the screen. There is a free trial that you can try to see if you like it.

Another way would be to use a program to rotate your screen (for text messaging, emails, etc) and then use your keyboard of choice in landscape mode. I use AEButton Plus and map a long press on volume-up to rotate the screen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Steve803 is a n00b

thanks guys.

I think I'll try both the gyrator and the SPB keyboard and see which one I like best. I used to have SPB on my touch but I've deleted the file from my CPU. I'll give it a go tho!
Old 04-05-2009, 04:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve803 View Post
thanks guys.

I think I'll try both the gyrator and the SPB keyboard and see which one I like best. I used to have SPB on my touch but I've deleted the file from my CPU. I'll give it a go tho!

As far as rotating the screen, just go to settings, buttons ... set the press and hold to "rotate".
Old 04-06-2009, 01:21 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you want to text in Portrait TouchPal is really good for that.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
If you want to text in Portrait TouchPal is really good for that.
Yea, it is. I use TouchPal in portrait & T+ 99% of the time even though I have a TouchPro.......

~John
Old 04-06-2009, 02:16 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Heck yes! I text really quite fast on it too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond