PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Lurker

daseff is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Verizon HTC Diamond XV6950!

Hey guys, haven't been here in awhile as I feel I am far too dumb and don't understand half of what I read , but I've been posting a lot on howardforums about my Diamond. Yes, I got my hands on Verizon's verison of the HTC Diamond. Created somewhat of a buzz on howardforums and a few tech websites. It was featured on BoyGeniusReport:
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...ured/#comments
It was also featured on engadget.com, but just a little tidbit and one of the photos from BGR.
The specs are dumbed down, like most Verizon smartphones, and everything on phonearena is correct, except the processor is 528MHz not 400MHz.
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...ne-p_3055.html

Thought I would make a thread about it for anyone who's excited and for any questions you may have for me. I've only had the phone for about a week, so I probably can't answer all your questions, but if you'd like to answer them yourself the phone is for sale! I paid a pretty penny to get it, and realized I can't flash ROMs or anything like that after I bought it (I only have/use Macs, no Windows PCs).
I've made a listing on the howardforums buy/sell/trade, and I would here but I don't have enough posts!
http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1504692

If anyone wants pictures or specs or anything, please let me know!
And if you'd like to purchase the phone, PM me. I'm asking $500 USD shipped. And mods, I'm sorry for posting this on here! But I don't have time to post 50 times, hope you understand And the point of this thread isn't to sell it, just to provide information and let everyone know this phone EXISTS and should be out soon!

The TouchFlo3D is green, purple, and gray. Which is somewhat unexpected. It has the true "diamond" backing like the GSM version, it makes the phone look really sleek and high-end. The threaded messaging is incredible and blows my BlackBerry out of the water! The keyboard is easy to use, especially on the really responsive screen. But now that I think about it, all Diamonds are like this! So if you have any questions about the Verizon version, feel free to ask, I've got one! I also have pictures comparing it to my BB Curve and a bunch of random shots I can post if anyone wants.

My howardforums and eBay user IDs are both "daseff"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:41 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

daseff is a n00b
Re: Verizon HTC Diamond XV6950!

For those of you who think this is a "hoax," and this is a Verizon Touch Pro, it's not! I wouldn't do that to people, much less care to fake a new phone... Haha. Anyway, here's more pictures:

No built in memory, but there is a microSD slot under the battery cover!

Old 03-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

daseff is a n00b

Here's what was included in the box:
HTC Touch Diamond phone
Standard HTC battery
Wall charger/USB cable
Car charger
Headset/headphone adapter
CD-ROM (I have not used this, so I'm not sure what exactly is on it)
Old 03-12-2009, 02:45 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Nice!!! i dont want it but, man howd you get it before everyone?? curiousity is itching...
Old 03-12-2009, 02:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

daseff is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
Nice!!! i dont want it but, man howd you get it before everyone?? curiousity is itching...
I found a guy online who managed to get his hands on two of them and had already sold one, so I thought "hey why not?" and paid him to hold the phone for me while I waited on money to clear in my PayPal account. Once my money cleared, I paid him, and received the phone 2 days later! I was so excited. It's an amazing phone and I would love to keep it, but for the amount I paid it doesn't seem worth it when I can't flash ROMs and do registry edits, which is a reason I wanted the phone in the first place! If I get a Windows PC after it's officially released, I will likely switch back to this phone. It's definitely worth it if you're into PPCs, which I assume everyone on this site is!

Last edited by daseff; 03-12-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How much ram does it have ?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

I want that back cover, and styli to replace these "red" ones on my Sprint Diamond.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The Verizon Diamond edges are sharper and the bottom of the Sprint Diamond is rounded so the battery cover might not fit

Last edited by kyrumo; 03-12-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nuclear is a n00b

While I'm not crazy about the color scheme; I'm sure there's plenty of people that would love to see a ROM dump of this thing
Old 03-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

why is the screen backwards?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond