PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 04:47 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
so i just bought a diamond, need advice

i just bought a one week old sprint diamond for a great price. i have a few questions about it and i thought the experts could answer.

1.) it has 4 gb built in storage right ? so i don't need a micro sd card ?

2.) if i wanted to format the phone back to a stock rom how could i do that ?

3.) can i install the htc home plugin instead of using touch flo ?

4.) can you recommend any decent roms for this device ?

5.) hows the batter life, if i may ask ?

6.) can you guys recommend any tweaks to improve performance ?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Sgabert is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: so i just bought a diamond, need advice

I know this may not be what you are thinking of, but if you are looking for something that solves almost all problems with the Diamond use this ROM. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38999. It will increase battery life and make your whole experience more friendly. Otherwise you just have to keep customizing winmo until its the way you want it, which for me took about a month. Really, this rom is the basic of the basic and you build up from there. good luck
Old 02-09-2009, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

sjrickli7 is becoming a great contributor

1. It has 4gb built in. There is no micro sd slot for additon storage with a micro sd card.
2. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
3. you can turn off touchflo3d from settings>>today>>items>>uncheck touchflo 3d (if thats what you meant to)
4. Mightymike's Rom is the best IMO. There are different chefs that have different roms for different perferences so you can decide which fits your taste.
5. Battery life sucks on stock rom. Much better with a different rom.
6. Just flash to Mightymike's rom and you'll see a huge improvement in everything without messing with anything except installing the things you would like to have on your phone.

Hope i helped.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

IMO for Sprint GrooveROM is easily the best, it just works well.

I tried Mighty, not a fan whatsoever.

Donate if you like my work!
Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i hate to ask but do you guys know the latest java cab that will work with the diamond ? i see soo many out there right now. why didn't htc include java ? they did with the touch 6900.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
i hate to ask but do you guys know the latest java cab that will work with the diamond ? i see soo many out there right now. why didn't htc include java ? they did with the touch 6900.
do a search for this version: Esmertec Jbed Java 0.0.20081016.21R2

also feel free to try this version which works great for me with opera mini. be sure to go into settings and change font to very large and high quality pictures if you are using it for opera mini. java file attached. Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: cab VGA Esmertec Jbed 20080912.5.1.cab (2.65 MB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ejoy your new phone, you'll really enjoy it
Old 02-10-2009, 02:03 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

i am having an issue with my diamond and trying to apply a new clock. no matter if i install the zip files in windows or install the cab my clock WILL NOT change. what am i doing wrong here ? i even soft set my device.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:08 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

fix:

Make sure you disable TFLO3D, then run the clock files.

Settings > Today > Items> Uncheck TouchFlo3d

Now install your clock files, soft reset, and re enable TF3d.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx View Post
fix:

Make sure you disable TFLO3D, then run the clock files.

Settings > Today > Items> Uncheck TouchFlo3d

Now install your clock files, soft reset, and re enable TF3d.

done that and no dice man. ive tried both cab & zip installs to windows.

until i find a fix i installed spb mobile shell, i just need to find some good vga themes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond