PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

seamus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calendar Sync'ing with Outlook

Help. Is anyone else having problems synchronizing Outlook calendar entries to their Diamond?

I have my email account set to my Windows Live hotmail account which does a great job of synchronizing my mail and contacts. However, there is no provision for sync'ing calendar events.

So I set up Outlook to sync to my Live account. No problem. Outlook sees its own calendar as well as the Live Calendar and I can see appointments from each.

Now, I set up my Windows Live account in Outlook as my default account and all my POP mail is showing up in that account too. No problem.

I set up ActiveSync to synchronize my Calendar, Notes and Tasks (don't have to do contacts and email since that is done over the air automatically)

Plug my Diamond in and it shows Calendar, Tasks and Notes all synchronizing.... supposedly. Look at my Diamond calendar and ..... nothing. Not a single one of my appointments is showing up.

Create a new appointment on my Diamond and ... voila... it sets it up in my Outlook calendar. perfectly.

Create a new appointment in Outlook calendar and .... nothing. I'm so disappointed.

Create a new appointment in my old PST file (the old account which is no longer default) in Outlook and ... nothing.

How can I get my appointments in the Outlook file to show up in the calendar on the Diamond. Anybody else having this problem? I'm really hating ActiveSync right about now.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

sjrickli7 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Calendar Sync'ing with Outlook

For me it just syncs to my outlook through activesync. I never had a problem syncing calendar events ever since i got my phone. It supposed to sync when you add events from outlook or diamond works both ways. I'm using 2003 ms outlook. Not sure why you can't sync your events, but you can try a hard reset to see if it works.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hold off on the hard reset. First of all, download pimbackup and make a backup copy of your PIM information in case it is lost during troubleshooting. After making a backup, try this:

1. Connect your device.
2. Uncheck Calendar from the items to sync.
3. Disconnect your device and soft reset.
4. Reconnect and enable Calendar again in Activesync.

Also, what version of outlook are you using?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.

Last edited by Hafrust; 02-09-2009 at 05:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

seamus is just getting started

Actually managed to get OTA syncing with a combination of Google Calendar Sync and Google Mobile Sync (beta just came out). After a lot of heartache and many hours I now have full OTA sync for my Windows Live Account and view my calendars, contacts and emails perfectly synced between Outlook on my PC, the Diamond and on the web via Google.

Here's the steps I took that finally worked.
1. Set up Outlook to look at the Windows Live Account as the default.
2. Download Google Calendar sync and it will then "point" to the Live Calendar and sync with it.
3. Hard Reset your mobile phone.

4. Run ActiveSync and follow the instructions on the Google Mobile Sync for Windows Mobile web page... sort of... the screen instructions are out of order for ActiveSync 4.5 and you need to ensure the domain entry box stays Empty. You also should only "tic" calendar to sync.

4. Phone should now sync calendar items.

5. Run Windows Live on Diamond and enter hotmail or live account and password and accept all the default options. Phone will set up a mail account, synchronize it and import all your Windows Live contacts.

You are done. Complet OTA syncing of your most important data with Outlook. Don't ask me why MS doesn't include Calendar syncing with contacts and email as part of Mobile Live. Would have made my life so much simpler.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond