PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul (PPC6800); Touch Pro; Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Shahriar5252 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Detailed instructions for installing ICR for Sprint's Touch Pro w/ manufacture's ROM

Here is what I ended up doing on my Sprint Touch Pro, which has its manufacture's ROM (version 2.01.651.6) and runs on wm6.1, to install ICR successfully:

1) Note: In these steps, you will end up replacing some files in the Window's folder. The consequence is that you will not be able to delete the ICR program entirely once you do the replacements. If you do delete the ICR program partially, you will not be able to re-install it without doing a hard reset.

2) Note: To achieve the file replacements in the wildow's folder, my instructions have file renaming scheme. Others use a program called Total Commander to do it.

3) Go to the Windows' folder (which you will find under Start, Programs, File Explorer, select Device and click "Up" until you are at the highest level, then click on Windows's foler). Click on Menu, and choose "Show all files."

4) In the Windows folder, find and copy the file wavedev.dll to your microSD card. It is important that you obtain a copy of this file before you do anything else if your phone is CDMA such as those for Sprint Touch Pro. According to another post in PPC Geeks forum, GSM phones should not do this step, but it wouldn't be bad to save file in case you want to erase programs and this file is needed.

5) Install Conflipper Slide 2 Answer.cab and do a soft reset (You must change the original S2A to this CDMA S2A or any other CDMA S2A that allows a red light to appear on your screen when you start call recording. None of the original Sprint S2A's will work. This S2A will look the same as the original Sprint one, but it will have the red light capability and thus be compatible with the ICR program). (You may also use Juggalo_X's CDMA S2A, but I did not try it. If you do want to try Juggalo_X's CDMA S2A, be aware that he has a black and white version. The white version is like your original HTC/Sprint version of S2A. I tried his black version, but it would not erase when I wanted to erase it. But that could be from the ICR program that I had installed.)

6) Install InCallRecording_Wavdev DLL.cab and do a soft reset. (There are many versions of ICR CAB, but I was successful with this one. I did not try all the other ones.) After soft resetting, you will get some sort of page pop up saying something like "voicecmd.exe experienced some error please restart voicecmd.exe." Ignore this for now, and be aware that at this time you will not be able to talk on you phone because the ICR program replaced the file wavedev.dll in your Window's folder with its own version of this file, which is not compatible with Sprint's Touch Pro.

7) Extract the two files in ICR_BEEP.zip (ICR_BEEP.wav, ICR_BEEPBEEP.wav) to Windows folder. This purpose of these two files is to stop ICR from beeping during recordings that the ICR program will play every minute or so. In some state's you may legally have to let ICR beep to warn the other person that the call is being recorded. So before replacing these beep files and using ICR, check your local laws for compliance.

8) This step may not be necessay, but I never tried ICR installations without it to find out: Extract voAMRNBEnc.dll file to Windows' folder. (If it does not allow to do it, first extract it to your microSD card and rename to something else like XXXvoAMRNBEnc.dll. Now extract the renamed file to Windows' folder. Find the same file that already exists in Windows folder "voAMRNBENC.dll" and try to rename this file to something else like ZZZvoAMRNBEnc.dll, which you will delete later. Now go to your renamed file (XXXvoAMRNBEnc.dll) and name back to voAMRNBEnc.dll. Soft reset and come back to Windows' folder to delete ZZZvoAMRNBEnc.dll. Soft reset again.)

9) Do not do this step if your phone is GSM: If your phone is CDMA, go to your microSD card and copy the file wavedev.dll, which you had copied to your microSD in step 2. Then, go to the windows' folder and paste it there. The files will come up as "Copy of wavedev.dll," and make sure that you do not change this name (i.e., do not delete "copy of" portion of the name). (Because the ICR program that you installed put its own wavedev.dll file in the Window's folder and eliminates the original one, this step is necessary to restore the original wavedev.dll file that was in your Window's folder.) Now, soft reset, and your phone can should be able to have sound again. Now, the error message following the installation of the ICR CAB mentioned in step 6 should not come up after soft resetting.

10) For Sprint's Touch Pro, the in-call recording requires that you put the call on speaker, but the sound quality is very good. (I don't know whether the conversation is being recoded by the mic from what the phone's loud speaker says or internally by the ICR program. However, when I turned on the speaker and blocked it with my hand, the sound quality of the other person calling did not change.) Additionally, the ICR program only works during phone calls. After the call is connected, click on menu in the call screen, and choose "Start Recording."

Disclaimer: Use my instructions at your own risk. Back up all your data, and be prepared to hard reset your phone if your phone gets missed up in the process.

Good websites for the above derived info:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=476316&page=2

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54856

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3489845

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=474920

Good luck and please post your results plus detailed instructions as I have for other phones like Sprint's Touch pro2. I may buy it once they release the official wm6.5, and I want to be able to use ICR with Sprint Touch Pro2 running on wm6.5. And somebody tell HTC to lighten up and let your U.S. customers have ICR too. Other primitive phones in the U.S. have it, so their legal concerns is blown out of proportions!
Old 12-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

samwill35 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ***UPDATED: CDMA/GSM HTC Diamond/Pro: Call Recording (3/25)

Thanks! It worked for me, the audio is a little fuzzy but none the less, it works! Good tool to have at your disposal. You Guys are truly the best!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond