PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 05:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: Battery Killer

Since i've turn off my data connection, and not have it ruuning alway. I'm pleased with the result, the battery life is easily, twice what it was before
Old 01-16-2009, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: PagePlusCellular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work

Data connection itself does not affect battery but the programs that use data do. Mostly ActiveSync, set it to manually pick up.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

iflog is a n00b

I have my data connection turned off along with active sync and any other programs I'm not using. The battery did not last 6 hours today with normal use of a few phone calls. I took it into Sprint and they GAVE me 2 extra batteries. Now if I could only get HTC to give me a car charger.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mongul> touch > diamond > touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to ezln0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflog View Post
I have my data connection turned off along with active sync and any other programs I'm not using. The battery did not last 6 hours today with normal use of a few phone calls. I took it into Sprint and they GAVE me 2 extra batteries. Now if I could only get HTC to give me a car charger.
lol welcome to my world mine only last charge 5 to 6 hrs on idle runing mikes 4.1
Old 01-17-2009, 03:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: PagePlusCellular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work

How many radio bars on your diamonds?

When I was using the stock Sprint ROM or GrooveRom, I only got 0-1 bars. Since MightyRom3.9, I've been getting full bars all the time and battery life has been great, at least 8 hours with heavy use or 24 hours with light use and gmail push.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:18 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Using telus radio, Calc's ROM, and changed the battery polling to 30000. My battery last over two days with moderate use.

Most important thing is to make sure you charge your battery correctly from the first day, and you CAN leave your battery charging overnight (not just 2 hours) without negative effects to the battery. It's actually better for lithium's not to let it run all the way down, and to charge often.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:04 AM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflog View Post
Its a brand new phone. I don't want to put a custom ROM on it (yet). I did that on my Mogul and it didn't increase the battery life any.
This is, however, what most people around here are going to suggest because it is the best solution. Regardless of what your experience was with your Mogul, anyone here will tell you (as they already have previously in this thread) this phone's battery life is crap out of the box. Really, really crap. But with a radio and rom upgrade and a couple tweaks you can get up to 2 days battery life with normal use.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S™ II Epic™ 4G Touch
Threadstarter

iflog is a n00b

Change the radio, change the ROM, change the poll interval. I could change things all day and hope to get the battery to last at most a day with normal use. Do you think its acceptable to have a stock out of the box setup phone to last less than 6 hours?
Old 01-17-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Its a POS

Bird11 is just getting started

I just stripped everything out of mine, like the touchflo and have the system as barebone as possible. My phone is faster and the battery lasts a lot longer.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Cha0sc0ntroll is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird11 View Post
I just stripped everything out of mine, like the touchflo and have the system as barebone as possible. My phone is faster and the battery lasts a lot longer.
What's the point of the phone if you don't even use touchflo xD.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond