PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

nodiaque is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone turn off when answering a call

Hello, I got a diamond and something is bothering me. When I receive a call, 5 sec after, the phone turn off. Is there a way to disable that?

Also, when I lock my phone, the backlight dim until I do the unlock sequence (button + unlock in the touch screen). Is there a way to keep the backlight on as if it wasn't lock? Because when outside, I can't barely see the unlock button.

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:34 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1
Re: Phone turn off when answering a call

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodiaque View Post
Hello, I got a diamond and something is bothering me. When I receive a call, 5 sec after, the phone turn off. Is there a way to disable that?

Also, when I lock my phone, the backlight dim until I do the unlock sequence (button + unlock in the touch screen). Is there a way to keep the backlight on as if it wasn't lock? Because when outside, I can't barely see the unlock button.

Thanks!
I dont know the answer to your first question. But I will be watching this thread. Mine used to shut off after 5 sec, which was good because it prevents you front hittin the touchscreen button with your cheeks by mistake. Now it doesn't for some reason, and I don't know what setting changes that...

As for your second question, go into your settings>battery>advanced tab, and uncheck turn off backlight if device is not used for... This will destory your battery if you dont hit the power button to shut off the display when your not using it though. Your phone will always be brightly lit if you do this unless you hit the top power button.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nodiaque is a n00b

I've check what you said for 2nd and it doesn't apply to that. If I lock the phone, it close right away the backlight, not x sec after (I tried anyway and it doesn't work).

What I would like is, if using gyrator 2 for the exemple, I put the stylus in, which lock the phone (doesn't turn it off, just lock the phone), the backlight stay on.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:03 AM
THE HENCHMAN

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP

Thats all I've got. Sorry. I Don't use Gyrator or Lock (I just shut the screen off). Hopefully someone else will chime in and have a more helpful suggestion for you. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nodiaque is a n00b

no prob, thanks for trying
Old 01-09-2009, 01:09 AM
THE HENCHMAN

Quote:
no prob, thanks for trying
Anytime. I'm always around, so maybe I'll be more helpful with your future issues!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

groovyvectra is a n00b

I also have this problem... I got my Diamond from Telstra in Australia, who were NO help and said there was nothing wrong with the phone... however some searching on line seems to show up that if you have the DIamond set up to sync data with W Exchange, then there is this problem of the phone constantly rebooting during a phone conversation. If anyone has a fix I'd be very grateful. I love my Diamond but this is a pain in the butt and not what you'd expect from an expensive bit of kit.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

Thanks!
If you only want the phone to not dim when locked which is what you asked for you will need to go to Settings > Power > Backlight(tab) and uncheck "Dim the backlight if the device is locked".

With this option you can still keep your normal backlight settings active for when your device is also locked. Sounded like this is exactly what you were looking for and it will still save you some batt.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond