PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 06:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond Youtube/sling/sprinttv annoyances

1. Youtube... set to high quality most videos play smoothly for a few seconds then studder.. like it just can't quite keep up... whats up with this? not like it's that big of a deal...not a big improvement if any over my Vogue.. also my sister's iphone doesnt do that. Isn't our hardware comparable?

2. Sprintv.. half the time once I click on a channel it just says "loading" in the guide... the next hurdle is getting a connection to the channel.. and if the channel finally starts the video/audio sync is off. Never had these issues with my Vogue.

3. Slingplayer.. For some unkown reason the video is just god awful. syncing issues, crappy framerate.. tried multiple versions of slingplayer including the supposed improved for vga version.. messed with all settings.. spent way too much time fiddling with all the different adjustments and still can't get a very watchable result. Also had no problems with my Vogue.

Other than the original stock rom I've tried all of them and still with dissapointing results, competely baffles me that 2 months ago on my vogue I was slinging without issues and Sprinttv was working perfectly good..in fact wen I would select a channel it would load instantly. I assumed the Diamond was an upgrade from the Vogue.. I AM COMPLETELY Confused!

Last edited by tri0xinn; 01-06-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Diamond Youtube/sling/sprinttv annoyances

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri0xinn View Post
1. Youtube... set to high quality most videos play smoothly for a few seconds then studder.. like it just can't quite keep up... whats up with this? not like it's that big of a deal...not a big improvement if any over my Vogue.. also my sister's iphone doesnt do that. Isn't our hardware comparable?

2. Sprintv.. half the time once I click on a channel it just says "loading" in the guide... the next hurdle is getting a connection to the channel.. and if the channel finally starts the video/audio sync is off. Never had these issues with my Vogue.

3. Slingplayer.. For some unkown reason the video is just god awful. syncing issues, crappy framerate.. tried multiple versions of slingplayer including the supposed improved for vga version.. messed with all settings.. spent way too much time fiddling with all the different adjustments and still can't get a very watchable result. Also had no problems with my Vogue.

Other than the original stock rom I've tried all of them and still with dissapointing results, competely baffles me that 2 months ago on my vogue I was slinging without issues and Sprinttv was working perfectly good..in fact wen I would select a channel it would load instantly. I assumed the Diamond was an upgrade from the Vogue.. I AM COMPLETELY Confused!
1. Youtube. I don't have this issue that often unless I am sitting in my house with ev 0-1/1x signal. With a good connection, it works good in most cases. You may want to set it to auto so the Diamond can determine based off your data connection what's best.
2. Sprint TV. once again, most of the time it runs very smooth. Did you upgrade to the newest vga version? The cab is in the forum.
3. cant help you with the Slingplayer.

one thing that seems to be consistent in all of these is it seems like you have a data issue. You are not getting a consistent 3g data coverage and your phone is trying stream video. I'm sure you probably considered this but if you are getting a good signal, there's something wrong with the device. Or you may want to try another radio rom. I doubt the Diamond would not be able to perform the same as the Vogue. It sounds like a data connection issue to me.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work

Maybe your right... could be a hardware issue.. I've tried different radios.. using the newest telus at the moment.. tried every sprinttv cab and sling cab I could find and still same issues. I've used my wifi comcast which is 10+megabit and still have the same issues.. using wifi only seems to help a bit with the youtube app.. but still every few seconds it will hang and then seem to have to glitch to catch up.
thanks for the input
Old 01-06-2009, 02:45 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Sorry, can't help. I dont have any of those issues. I am running Calc's 3.6 ROM, and everything is smooooth as could be.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond