PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

intangible04 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sending email with Hotmail

Alright so I've given up! I have searched high and low to figure out what is going on and can't seem to find anything. A while back I was trying to send some picture messages and they never got through. I assumed it may have been because they were too big of a file, ok whatever. That's another topic which I have yet to troubleshoot. So today I'm trying to send an email using hotmail and an error comes up "Windows live hotmail could not send the message. Please try again." and then shortly later a popup windows says "your message failed to send" this is with my hotmail account i have sync-ed on my sprint touch diamond. i can pickup my inbox messages without troubles but for the life of me can't send anything out. i've gone into connection settings and don't see anything that could do with it in there...has anyone had troubles like this and fixed it? Please only respond if you've had troubles and were able to fix them otherwise this post turns into a whole bunch of people saying they've had troubles and a solution is never found
Old 12-25-2008, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro2(Wife) HD2(Me)
Carrier: Sprint... Now on to T-Mobile

wmphoto is becoming a great contributor
Re: Sending email with Hotmail

I have this problem every once and a while...
If it does this, I usually just make a "new message" and then copy and past the email address into the correct spot. It has never failed me after doing this.
When ever I just hit reply or go to my contacts and try to send an email via clicking on the email address inside my contacts it always gives me the "cannot send" answer.

Just a thought
W
Old 12-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

joshu is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have this problem on my Telus diamond with stock ROm 6.10, the problem The problem I was having has to do with when you initiate a message from the Favorites TAB on the touchflo 3d interface. If you use the Email button as the primary contact button for the favorite.

In my case, it puts double quotes around the name being used to send the email. Hotmail, nor Yahoo like this (must be a poe issue). At any rate, removing the quotes or selecting the email address from inside the message fixes the problem.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

intangible04 is just getting started

See and I've tried sending using the compose button each time from the mail tab. I just tried testing it again and it didn't put double quotes in. Tried from the mail tab and the "send email" from the contact and they both worked...I have no idea what I did. I was messing around with adding an exchange server yesterday but I don't think that could have done anything it did however add another account to my mail tab for outlook but it doesn't have anything in it and won't sync either. oh well!!! at least it is working now. Thanks for the suggestion!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond