PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 03:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Tsuekasa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to add music to the phone?

I just got the phone, Im no noobie when it comes to managing files but some reason when i add music to either the phone or the internal storage and doesn't recognize it, only the 2 music files that were already in there. I even tried synchronizing the phone with media player and still didn't work
Old 12-21-2008, 04:27 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Tsuekasa is a n00b
Re: How to add music to the phone?

nevermind i got it
Old 12-21-2008, 04:36 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuekasa View Post
nevermind i got it
can you post your fix, may help others. thanx
Old 12-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Tsuekasa is a n00b

Those with xp/vista: Me and my father had to both use the disc that was included with the Phone, run the install.

1. Hook the usb cable to the pc

2. Use activesync (Check Windows Media Player, It should show your device)

3. Media Player should either sync all your music automatically or you can make a playlist on the right side, start sync.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:25 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

You could do it that way with success, but the transfer times are terrible. Instead, you can Go to start<Settings<connections<USB to PC and check off "Disk Drive" and then connect your phone to your PC. Your phone will then come up as a regular drive at which point you can just drag and drop, cut and paste, or even sync your music (an automatic pop up will ask you if you want to do that the first time).

When your done, make sure to go back into start<Settings<connections<USB to PC and check off "ActiveSync" if you want Windows Mobile Device Center (on Vista) to recognize your phone again.

Lastly, when you go into start<Settings<connections<USB to PC , You will notice another checkoff box at the bottom that says "Ask about connection type when I connect". If you have that checked off then you phone will ask you to choose between ActiveSync and a Disk Drive connection every time you connect it to your PC.

Hope that helps!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond