PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone have a silicone case?

Does anyone have a silicone case on their Diamond?
How do you like it? Can I see some pictures of it on your phone?

I think I am about to order a black or white one from ebay. I dropped my phone for the first time (it was in the htc case too) off of my lap as I was standing up and there are 2 tiny chips on the bottom, on the shiny plastic right beside the usb symbol. I want to prevent any more scratches. I guess that was the corner that the case leaves exposed...

edit: Is the case covering the microphone ??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkaE5RpLajE

Last edited by Wond3r; 12-02-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Anyone have a silicone case?

i ordered one, does not look good at all. Had to send it back to daydeal because of fitment issues. It fits, but its very bulky and thick. Adds excess to the phone thats not needed in my opinion. it was black in color btw and no it did not cover the microphone.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor

was it as bulky as the ones shown in that video I posted? They didnt look too bad, but it could be the camera
Old 12-02-2008, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint diamond
Carrier: verizon

wavez is becoming a great contributor

I can't access youtube at work, so I'm not sure which silicone case you are referring to, but I am using one that seems to be the most popular on ebay. It sells for about $5-$10 and you can easily identify it by a X marked on the lower right backside of the case.

This is the case: http://cgi.ebay.com/FOR-HTC-TOUCH-DIAMOND-SPRINT-BLACK-SILICONE-SKIN-CASE_W0QQitemZ300277730337QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_A ccessories?hash=item300277730337&_trksid=p3286.c0. m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240% 3A1318

Here is my review:

The case adds good protection without too much bulk. It has a good grip and stays on the phone well. The case covers the top of the phone by the headset speaker and, but has a cutout for that speaker and the light sensor. I have noticed that the case does somewhat cover the light sensor. There are cutouts for the stylus, microphone, usb port, headset speaker, loudspeaker, and the camera area. Getting the stylus out is sometimes a bit difficult and the volume and power buttons can be harder to press.

Pros:
  • Good Protection without too much bulk
  • Good feel and construction
  • Great price, usually $5-$10 on ebay
  • Stays on Phone well and does not obstruct the screen
Cons:
  • Headset speaker cutout is not always enough for the light sensor
  • Volume and power buttons more difficult to press
  • Sometimes difficult to remove stylus
Old 12-02-2008, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

i bought one of the silicon cases/skins off ebay when i bought the phone about 2 months ago. did not like it at all. it did make the phone feel better in the hand but resticted access to the left and right edges of the screen. i kept hitting the edge of the skin with my fingers when i was typing or using the tf3d slider. another reason i bought the phone was because of the size. it fits nicely in your pocket and slides in and out of my pants pocket with ease (no jokes now), but the skin made that more difficult. so i opted to toss the skin aside.

just my $0.02 worth

stravy
Old 12-02-2008, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor

Sprint store has a pretty good one for $19.00 bucks and you also get a clear plastic body case ...stay away from plastic cases because they will scratch the outer surface of the Diamond in time.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the case i had was DITTO to the one in the vids. HORRIBLE quality, u can see that they're not fitting properly and further that they are very bulky and thick,
Old 12-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

These cases look ugly and made the phone bulkier...I like it just without any case.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Lurker

Antrax is a n00b

I have 2 silicone covers for my Sprint Diamond. One is from the Sprint Store and came with the crystal case that I have never used. The case is the same color as the back of the Diamond. It's kind of bulky, but protect very well. The silicone doesn't attract too much link. The buttons are really easy to press. The quality is really great with all the cut outs are precise. I really recommend it to everybody. The second one I got it from eBay and it a lot less bulky and is black. Beside that isn't all that good. It attract lots of lint. Doesn't fit all that great.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

my video once again lmao..... and yea i ditched them after a little bi for the mere fact that i didnt like the little extra feel and the way and silicone case makes the phone look. they were very good quality and you cang go wrong with them...... sorry about the camera too need to get a new one :>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond