PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 03:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

xr@y is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to xr@y
Sprint Dimond doesn't spot all available wi-fi networks

I encounter a problem with my Sprint Diamond, which can's spot all available wi-fi networks:

There are two wi-fi hot spots in the nearest mall. Both are discoverable (you can get connected) but only one is functional. Everyone sitting around seem to get connected, except me on my brand new Diamond...

My friend's HTC Touch (GSM) sees both networks without any problem, while my Diamond sees only one network, which is not connected to internet

I searched the forum but couldn't find any solution
I only found this registry tweak that enables connecting to the 802.11g WiFi networks: HKLM\COMM\TNETWLN1\Parms\dot11SupportedRateMaskG = 8 (DWORD decimal) BUT THIS tweak DIDN'T HELP ME

Grateful for any help!

PS: I have a CDMA Diamond from Sprint running on Juicy 3.4 ROM.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)

slmclarengt is just getting started
Re: Sprint Dimond doesn't spot all available wi-fi networks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr@y View Post
I encounter a problem with my Sprint Diamond, which can's spot all available wi-fi networks:

There are two wi-fi hot spots in the nearest mall. Both are discoverable (you can get connected) but only one is functional. Everyone sitting around seem to get connected, except me on my brand new Diamond...

My friend's HTC Touch (GSM) sees both networks without any problem, while my Diamond sees only one network, which is not connected to internet

I searched the forum but couldn't find any solution
I only found this registry tweak that enables connecting to the 802.11g WiFi networks: HKLM\COMM\TNETWLN1\Parms\dot11SupportedRateMaskG = 8 (DWORD decimal) BUT THIS tweak DIDN'T HELP ME

Grateful for any help!

PS: I have a CDMA Diamond from Sprint running on Juicy 3.4 ROM.
I tried to find that registry edit you mention but found no traces? I found HKLM/COMM/WiFi which had "PollingInterval" which you could lower to see if that would help find the network faster, but battery life will definitely take a hard hit there...

Not sure what else to tell you as I couldn't find that reg edit nor could I find any similar ones. I'm using Stock Sprint ROM (for now).

Slmclarengt
Old 12-01-2008, 05:41 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

i highly doubt wifi g is the issue. Read the side of your Diamond box, the Diamond does WIFI b/g so its obviosuly some other settings issue
Old 12-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

xr@y is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
I tried to find that registry edit you mention but found no traces? I found HKLM/COMM/WiFi which had "PollingInterval" which you could lower to see if that would help find the network faster, but battery life will definitely take a hard hit there...

Not sure what else to tell you as I couldn't find that reg edit nor could I find any similar ones. I'm using Stock Sprint ROM (for now).
thanks for your reply! In fact Juicy's ROMs are the closest to the stock rom... Anyway, this tweak can also be done through the SKTools/Tune up!/Network/WLAN 802.11G support

BTW I tried to find and change the "PollingInterval", but like you I found no such string in the HKLM/COMM/WiFi. The only string there is ScanInterval which is set to 60. Is this the same thing?

It's strange that it's only my Diamond that can't see this hotspot, all the rest have fun surfing on their Nokias and laptops...
Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
thanks for your reply! In fact Juicy's ROMs are the closest to the stock rom...
Not true. grooveROM is much closer to Sprint Stock than Juicy.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

xr@y is a n00b

Quote:
Not true. grooveROM is much closer to Sprint Stock than Juicy.
sorry for that, my mistake.
Anyway, I would appreaciate concrete way forward, guys. Please tell if you know what needs to be done... adding or editing a string in the registry, etc!
thanks!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:03 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
sorry for that, my mistake.
Anyway, I would appreaciate concrete way forward, guys. Please tell if you know what needs to be done... adding or editing a string in the registry, etc!
thanks!
I don't think a regedit will fix your problem. A regeit will not enable 1 hotspot. Sounds like a hard reset might be a better option.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i would suggest a hard reset as well, and another thing, those devices that are able to find the network, are they in any type of casing? is your device in any casing ? specifically metal casings cause interference at times, but not a HUGE interference.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

xr@y is a n00b
Question Re: Sprint Dimond doesn't spot all available wi-fi networks

Quote:
is your device in any casing ? specifically metal casings cause interference at times, but not a HUGE interference.
I don't have any case on my diamond. so that's not the reason...

Quote:
I don't think a regedit will fix your problem. A regeit will not enable 1 hotspot. Sounds like a hard reset might be a better option.
thanks, I will try after installing the latest ROM from Juicy. However, another guy [his diamond runs on Mighty Rom] also can't spot that network...
Old 12-02-2008, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint 4G EVO
Carrier: Sprint only connects calls ppcgeeks for all else

micro254 is keeping up the good workmicro254 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to micro254

i havent had any problems like that on my diamond while i was using it ... might be defective

Coz Boogie Militia
Special Ops--PPC Division

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond