PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

meepzork is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got the diamond, hope you can help

Someone made me an offer I couldnt refuse so I upgraded my trusty Touch to the Diamond. Fist off, this phone is sexy and the screen is so clear. Its a bit laggy but from what I understand, you guys already have a rom that fixes that.
Ive checked these forums and found a lot of information.. but theres a few issues im having.

1. How can I download and save straight to the 4gb disk ("internal storage2")? As of right now, any time I download from the net, I have to save to Internal Storage\My Documents, then move the files to Internal Storage 2.

2. How can I load the mp3's I have on the 4gb disk into the sprint music player instead of using WMP?

3. Is there a way to tell the touchflo photo album to look on the 4gb disk for pics instead of the "my pictures" folder on the main disk?

4. -nevermind, it just started working-

5. Did your Diamonds come with a screen protector? these finger smudges are driving me insane.

Last edited by meepzork; 11-25-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Just got the diamond, hope you can help

1. you should not have an internal storage2. Delete the internal storage and then rename internal storage2 to internal storage. Is this a used phone? a hard reset sometimes brings up the ghost storage.

2. umm dont' use it someone else can help I'm sure

3. when in the album view choose the folder you want and go to menu and set as 'favorite' that makes that particular album the one to display on the tf3d screen.

4. yeah!

5. Screen protector should be in the pages of the manual. but you get smudges just the same.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

To make the picture viewer look at a folder on your internal memory, just simply go to the picture tab on tf3d and click the left soft key "album" in the bottom left. let it load, then click the album soft key again and choose the album you want (if you don't see the albums on your storage card just give it a while and try clicking album again, it can take a while to load). Then when you are in the album you want click the menu key (bottom right) and select "Set album as favorite". hope this helps

And yes mine came with a screen protector. it should be that clear sheet that came in the box. just peel it of and stick it on your screen.

Oh and when you are downloading from the net, when you do "save file as" under the folder option just click the drop down menu and chose the folder you want to save it in. that is if you are using opera.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

meepzork is a n00b

i think solving the "internal storage 2" issue will fix the downloading and photo issue. unfortunately right now its not letting me rename it.

yes it was used when i bought it... but i did the "format and clear storage" option so i thought i wouldnt have to worry about the previous owner

Last edited by meepzork; 11-25-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:52 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

For #2 put your music into MUSIC on your internal storage. Then go to Sprint music Player and choose Library, left softkey, and it will update library. Choose music or playlist you want and enjoy choppy bluetooth playback! haha.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:53 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepzork View Post
i think solving the "internal stoage 2" issue will fix the downloading and photo issue. unfortunately right now its not letting me rename it.

yes it was used when i bought it... but i did the "format and clear storage" option so i thought i wouldnt have to worry about the prevous owner
Try total commander. Rename internal storage to something else then Internal storage2 to Internal Storage. After this you can probably delete the internal storage you renamed.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

meepzork is a n00b

OK, i got the internal storage named correctly. I had to restart a couple times. Now the pictures and downloads are working.

also, all my music just appeared in the sprint player! i love the artwork showing up.

thanks everyone for the help. now i just gotta find a protector.... life was so much simpler with the dull touch shell that didnt smudge

P.S. so whats currently the best ROM out there?

Last edited by meepzork; 11-25-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

tomemail is just getting started

I am also having a problem with getting the music into the sprint music player.

I have the few songs I have saved to my "internal storage", but going into library doesn't show anything but the stock songs???

I'm at a loss on this. When I tap the song, it plays on WMP

thank you
Old 11-25-2008, 10:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

tomemail is just getting started

Okay...never mind on the getting my songs into the Sprint Music Player, just got it working.

For others like me, you need to go into the other menu items after going into the library and it will move it in from there.

New ?
To use the MP3 Trimmer, where do the songs you're going to trim need to be stored? When I go into it and click on the open to browse for music to trim, I go to the internal storage and the songs aren't visible. Also not visible in the main storage??

Thanks Again
Old 11-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

haeffb is just getting started

When I run MP3Trimmer and select Open, I see the root directory of the device. I can choose to look anywhere in RAM or on Internal Storage. Since I'm syncing with Windows Media Player, the songs are stored in \Internal Storage\Music\{WhateverArtist}.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond