PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel Plan on Verizon

arik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Touch issues, Alltel sending me Diamond

Again, I am having issues with my Touch. As the other Touch I had, this 2 month old Touch screen looks like a broken calculator screen prism effects. The screen looks fine in low light. But under bright light and under the lighting at work, you see the prism effect in the screen, that moves and changes when you touch it. It gets in the way and can make it annoying or difficult to read the screen, angling it just right... The touch response of the screen works great and there appears to be nothing wrong with the lcd, so it must be within the layers of the screen... falling apart or something. My first Touch started to do this after 9 months. I kept getting already broken refurbs sent to my house, and ended up getting a new phone from the store. Now this new one does it too, but much worse then my original touch phone.
(Should I post this in the Diamond Forum?)

I knew everything about the touch and what it could do when I bought it, and am happy with it, other then the slowness... As I was not planning on getting a new phone and didn't do any research just yet, I have a few questions that I want people with brains/experience to answer (anyone on this forum). Alltel's Service Guy, (and the website) from what I have read, has given me bad incorrect information and very little detail...
Few Questions:
1)Had anyone else had this problem with the Touch?
2)Alltel is sending me the Touch Diamond for $40 (difference in retail price). How do these phones compare? Pros? Cons?
3)Do I have to hack the phone to get GPS working perfectly like the Touch?
4)Anything else I need to know when switching to the Diamond?
5)Any known issues or problems with phone?

Thank you in advance!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Touch issues, Alltel sending me Diamond

Sounds like moisture under the screen that causes a rainbow effect on the screen. It's most noticable under energy efficient (spiral) light bulbs.

I noticed this (and was able to replicate and make it worse) so that I could get two new replacements when the old ones got scratched...

I still say it's water though.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel Plan on Verizon
Threadstarter

arik is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Sounds like moisture under the screen that causes a rainbow effect on the screen. It's most noticable under energy efficient (spiral) light bulbs.

I noticed this (and was able to replicate and make it worse) so that I could get two new replacements when the old ones got scratched...

I still say it's water though.
I agree. I just said that as I thought they might not replace the phone if I said there appeared to be water in the screen. The water indicator also shows the phone never got wet, witch helps my case about getting a new phone.... How did you replicate the issue (and make it worse)?
Old 11-19-2008, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch pro 2 Telus
Carrier: Telus Mobility

chapinrico is keeping up the good workchapinrico is keeping up the good work

I'm on Telus Canada. I'm getting mine replaced tomorrow for the same reason. Seems to be defected screens...i thought I somehow ruined it by pressing too hard or got it wet but no....New replacement no questions asked by Telus.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond