PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 10:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jeffokada81 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Camera/Video mode SLOW when camera adjusts brightness.

I will apologize ahead of time if this issue has been addressed already.

I am running Juicy 3.4 for Sprint. When using the Camera or Video recorder and the surrounding light is dimmed, the phone tries to adjust, the viewer starts to get extremely choppy and records that way. I tried lowering the brightness when this would start to happen and it would improve the fps. While in well lit room it is still slow when the camera adjusts. Runs perfect outside during the day and videos and pictures are perfect.

Thanks for your time.

PS.
Custom ROMS from this site totally saved my phone from chucking at a brick wall.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Camera/Video mode SLOW when camera adjusts brightness.

I really hope you don't take this wrong, but I am SO relieved to see that this doesn't just happen on my phone. I have an HTC Touch running Dette's M2D Diamond Edition, but my issues with the camera began waaaaaaaaaaaay back when I upgraded my phone to the official 6.1 rom. That was about 6 flashes ago.

Anyway, I REALLY hope you and I both can get this problem straightened out. I don't know how to help you myself, but I can keep this post bumped up until we find someone who can!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I know its not the custom ROMS, it was like that when it was stock and I haven't seen anyone bring it up as an issue but me personally, it's extremely irratating to take a picture of anything. I have to tell people to stand super still to not get a blurry picture.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My stock camera was actually good. It wasn't choppy at all, and it even took excellent pictures indoors with terrible lighting. I have the Alltel version. Does that have anything to do with it?
Old 11-18-2008, 03:31 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
My stock camera was actually good. It wasn't choppy at all, and it even took excellent pictures indoors with terrible lighting. I have the Alltel version. Does that have anything to do with it?

It might, wish i could check out an alltel.. Maybe there is a developer out there that can take the config from Alltel and use them in Sprint and see what happens. I'm just a crappy end-user. Maybe the Juicy can check it out of some of his affiliates... =)
Old 11-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Maybe that is the issue. Thanks for your help though
Old 11-18-2008, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Suz416 is a n00b

The camera in the Sprint Diamond I am using is incredibly slow and I can barely consider it usable...... who are we kidding with a 5 second delay in snapping the picture? Is there anything to fix this? I'm just using the stock ROM.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

GO to menu - Advanced - Shoot option - full press......now when taken pics push circle and hold it and takes 2 seconds to take a picture...I mean this is not a professional camera with all the options we would love to have, like 32x optical zoom with infrared ...But its great for a camera phone in 2008 compared to all the other phones.....

Ok Ok.... out of the 500 phones out there may be 2-3 with better picture quality sorry..I know someone would mention Nokia or some phone in Korea.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:40 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Well, my real issue is the actual choppyness of the view-finder as you are about to take the picture and also the video during recording. But yes, the delay in the actual load time of pressing the button is very slow and i dont think there is going to be any fix for that because of the actual write speed to the phone.

Found almost exact situation here -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=365345

Last edited by jeffokada81; 11-19-2008 at 06:39 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond