PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond touch
Carrier: Sprint

digitalvibe82 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Diamond Touch Bricked, pls help.

Hey guys,

So, a few days ago, i get a text msg, go to reply, and find that the keyboard wont come up, so i restarted the phone. Upon reloading, the initial TOUCH diamond screen comes up with the red text at the botton, and freezes up...it will just sit there no matter what. After looking about the web, as well as this forum, I found out that this is normal for ppl who try to flash their roms, and screw it up. However, not once have I tried to flash my phones' rom, I have had it for about 2 weeks now. Oh also it is the cdma version. I am still within the 30 day return policy for sprint, so I am planning on taking it back to the store and just having them give me a new one. But I am a bit curios as to why this happened?? And would flashing it fix this? I just dont want this to happen to me randomly, as I use this as my work phone\ entertainment on long flights. Judging from the posts on this site, there is alot that can be done with this phone, so id like it to break as a result of me actually trying to mod it!!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work
Re: HTC Diamond Touch Bricked, pls help.

Have you tried a hard reset?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

digitalvibe82 is a n00b

I looked online and found directions on how to do a hard reset, no luck. I did the following

held volume down button and enter at the same time, did soft reset while still holding down on the vol dow& enter button...phone came back up, and i waited for about a minute still holding down the button combo to no avail....being that this wont even boot past the initial screen, I doubt this would work anyway, but thankyou
Old 11-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Be sure power is off before trying the hard reset.. poweroff.. if it won't power off take the battery out. With power OFF.. press first the vol down, hold it... press enter/centerdial, hold it too... now press power and hold that too... if you press power too soon it powers up before resetting. .You should get the white screen asking you to vol up if you want to reset.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

digitalvibe82 is a n00b

wow...i guess that did it! The standard reset method was causing the phone to power up too soon...right now I am back at the initial setup screen...very cool !! In the coming weeks I suppose I will look into all these cools roms that are posted on this site, and figure out if I want to try flashing. But thanks eenieMINI! *Sailrace, I guess you were right about the hard reset, too bad I was doing it the wrong way.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Glad you're back in business!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

stunna10201 is a n00b

I've tried the same thing and mine cuts off vibrates and starts all over again. Any help?
Old 01-14-2009, 05:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

stunna10201 is a n00b

cancel got it...Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond