PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

DSLisFREE is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Discharge Rate > Charging Rate While talking = Dead phone

I use the phone for voice calsl many hours during the night. I always have the phone connected to the AC adapter, but the charging rate cannot keep up with the discharge rate so eventually my battery dies and the phone shuts itself off.

I've tried searching but haven't had any luck. Can someone point me to the right thread or give some helpful hints on how to fix this problem? I remembered someone mentioning using an AC adapter from some other phone b/c the current mA is better than the one that comes with the diamond. BTW all running background apps are turned off.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Re: Discharge Rate > Charging Rate While talking = Dead phone

Sorry to say, but this is a known problem. Tons of other users have reported this and there doesn't seem to be much anyone can do about it at the moment. I would suggest calling your provider and making them aware of this problem.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Sorry to say, but this is a known problem. Tons of other users have reported this and there doesn't seem to be much anyone can do about it at the moment. I would suggest calling your provider and making them aware of this problem.
let me say this, i frequently use wmwifrouter and charge at the same time, and the battery will slowly discharge...as well as phone calls, using the supplied HTC charger....

I just tried my Blackberry miniUSB charger, and the battery did not discharge AT ALL. Usually it will get SUPER warm, and using the Blackberry charger, it did not get hot at all..

i dont think the HTC charger is adequate for anything other than charging the phone. Not while using it. The blackberry charger will be my charger of choice now.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 11-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
let me say this, i frequently use wmwifrouter and charge at the same time, and the battery will slowly discharge...as well as phone calls, using the supplied HTC charger....

I just tried my Blackberry miniUSB charger, and the battery did not discharge AT ALL. Usually it will get SUPER warm, and using the Blackberry charger, it did not get hot at all..

i dont think the HTC charger is adequate for anything other than charging the phone. Not while using it. The blackberry charger will be my charger of choice now.
I've tried about 6 or 7 chargers I have laying around. The HTC charger has 1A output and so does one of my other chargers. The Blackberry ones all have 0.5A, which means they charge slower. I can't find any charger that will keep up with the discharge rate while in a phone call. I think this has been reported many other times on this board, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

thasolution is a n00b

I've had the same problem today. I was talking on my phone and using wmwifirouter and the discharge on this phone is way higher then the charging rate that the charger puts out. Which means after a while my phone will just die. I actually just had my phone sitting at my desk at work plugged into the AC charger. I had a meeting for about an hour and when I got back the phone was dead and off. What the hell is that. So i emailed sprint and they said I have to take the phone into a technician and have them check the phone. I haven't heard of anyone fixing this problem yet. I heard about using a different radio to solve the problem. Which I've done but it still has a higher discharge. Come on this is ridiculous. I never had this problem when I had the mogul.

I also have tried using a dual usb to micro usb cable to hook it to my laptop and my phone still dies.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Try popping the back off.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
I've tried about 6 or 7 chargers I have laying around. The HTC charger has 1A output and so does one of my other chargers. The Blackberry ones all have 0.5A, which means they charge slower. I can't find any charger that will keep up with the discharge rate while in a phone call. I think this has been reported many other times on this board, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.
well, i dont have an explanation for the variances in charging/discharging rates according the the amperages and voltages on the different chargers....
i would THINK that the HTC one would be more than sufficient because it is a 5v/1A charger and the blackberry is only a 5v/.5A charger.....

All i know is that I can use the Blackberry charger and the phone will not discharge as fast as the supplied HTC charger will. Say what u want, but I know which one works!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

my phone charges fine with the htc charger from my old phone. Also, I use a motorolla rizr charger and it works well. the only charging that doesn't work too well is a usb to my laptop. But normally I dont use my device when charging. I think that the phone will charge fine especially if you have a solid signal.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:47 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLisFREE View Post
I use the phone for voice calsl many hours during the night. I always have the phone connected to the AC adapter, but the charging rate cannot keep up with the discharge rate so eventually my battery dies and the phone shuts itself off.

I've tried searching but haven't had any luck. Can someone point me to the right thread or give some helpful hints on how to fix this problem? I remembered someone mentioning using an AC adapter from some other phone b/c the current mA is better than the one that comes with the diamond. BTW all running background apps are turned off.
There is one cure for this problem. Not the best but it seems to work. Take the battery out of the phone, plug the charger in, turn the phone on, talk all night on the phone to (1-800-she-loves-you) LOL. Then when your finished, put the battery back in and let it charge. Hope that Helps.

Thanks T M Z
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:19 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

if i'm on the phone using bluetooth, and it starts giving me warnings that its dying, and i put it on the charger, it'll just drain out and die while charging, which is ****ing retarded.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond