PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 09:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

Flibmeister is keeping up the good workFlibmeister is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keypad on after call completion?

I've got the new Alltel version of the Diamond, learning the ins and outs, here's one that's got me perplexed: how do I get the keyboard to stay visible after a call is completed, so I can have it available to hit the keys necessary for automated phone systems?

For instance, when I call my voice mail, the gal's voice asks for my security code-- but I can't enter it, because the screen is black. Is there an adjustment to make the screen stay on for a few seconds after the call is connected? How about an option to pick up voice mail without entering the security code?

TIA for any input!

Denny
Old 11-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Keypad on after call completion?

I had a few WinMo phones with Alltel before I switched to Sprint and I added my password to the phone number so that it would dial it for me. I cannot remember the exact number /character that you have to hit when calling your voicemail to get the prompt to enter your password, and my wife is working so I cannot look at her phone. So, just for the sake of explanation, let's use the * character. For the same sake, let's say your cell number is 123-555-4321 and your password is 0987. If I remember correctly, on Alltel you hit 7 to get your first unplayed message (If I remembered incorrectly, substitute the correct number for the 7 in the below example).

To setup for auto password dial, change your phone number for voicemails like this:

123-555-4321,,*,,0987,,7

FYI... the commas are equal to one second pause each. Try that and let me know if you need more help.

Last edited by rainfreak; 11-05-2008 at 10:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

jdmacken is a n00b

I agree, this is a pain to use in this situation. Lets say you want to delete the message and have to press 5. You still have to show the keyboard to do this. How do we keep the screen from going black also. I know, I know use the search feature. I will say this site is extremely informative and I almost have my Sprint touch diamond flashed to Alltel just right.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Just set the screen timeout to longer...

Start -> Setting -> System -> Power -> Advanced
Old 11-06-2008, 01:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamon
Carrier: Sprint

Broncho is a n00b

Don't know about the Alltel version but on the Sprint version after the phone starts connecting the call the left soft button is labeled keypad and it brings the keypad back up. With the keypad the left soft button is labeled call status which takes you back to the normal in-call screen with the six different functions and the "End Call" button.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

Flibmeister is keeping up the good workFlibmeister is keeping up the good work

Okay, I've found the answer to my own question, and it should help others with the same problem-- it seems silly, but it works:

If you want to keep the screen from going black immediately after call connection, don't immediately put the phone up to your head after dialing. Instead, hold it face-up and flat after dialing-- the screen stays lit. After five or ten seconds, you can move it to your head and it will stay lit during the call.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:43 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Or you could just hit the top power key as if you were waking your phone up and it will display the call status and stay on from there. Not real difficult.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond