PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond

killerdosage is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Diam500?

ive been unlocking modding gsm phones for years...never bothered with cdma's. Until now, a friend gave me a HTC Diamond (Sprint Diam500) to unlock to Verizon for a friend of his so he can now use this phone instead of his stock bs fone. Long story short, i know very very little about the sprint verizon networks as all my focus has been on GSM.

How do i get the phone ready for Verizon use...and do i flash his info on the device somehow or go to verizon, etc etc. Im definitely willing to do the digging, but i need some basic info to get on the right path.

Ideally if someone could give a brief explaination between the 2 carriers networks, and a short step by step how to unlock to Verizon. If not please just point me in the right direction with a little detail n ill research the rest.

Thanks
Old 11-02-2008, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint diamond
Carrier: verizon

wavez is becoming a great contributor
Re: Verizon Diam500?

The challenge isn't getting the phone Verizon ready, but getting Verizon to add the ESN to their DMD (device management database). I was incorrectly told by a rep that it wouldn't be a problem to add a foreign ESN with the new open network policy. Turns out that rep was too eager to please and now that I bought the sprint diamond, vzw tech support says they can't add the ESN. Anyone successfully get Verizon to add an external ESN?

I've already made my phone VZW ready. If you are able to get the ESN loaded let me know how you get them to do it. I know you can send your phone to the new Device Evaluation Center, but I do not believe the diamond is on the approved device list.

Anyways, in order to activate, get the ESN loaded, unlock/reset SPC to 000000 and load verizon PRL. You should then be able to program with *228. That will give you voice. If we get ESNs loaded I'll post detailed steps.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Threadstarter

killerdosage is a n00b

so i guess my only other question would be....why is verizon so gay?
Old 11-02-2008, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try calling *228 and then choose option 3. It should ask you a couple of questions one being the phone number you want to do this with (I'm on a family plan so you might not get this on a single line plan). Now it should start programming your phone. If it comes back with a statement that the programming is complete then you should be set.

I have just recently done this on my Sprint labeled Touch and it worked fine. I had completely converted my phone to Verizon before doing this. This includes unlocking the MSL and al of the EPST changes.

Let me know if it works for you.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Freaking amazing! It worked! Tech support wouldn't add the ESN but this did the trick. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Fantastic! Thanks for the confirmation.

Do you have data working yet?

Last edited by blazingwolf; 11-02-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

No luck with data yet. I have replicated M.IP information from my 6900 and updated my DMU key, but the HA Shared Secret and AAA Shared Secret fields are not getting populated. I'm getting authentication errors.

Still plugging away. I'm thinking of loading DCD's carrier cab to see if it helps.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I finally got data working. I'll try to post a tutorial at some point this week to do the whole sprint diamond to vzw. In order to get data working you need to setup the right M.IP settings for verizon. I had to call verizon to do a DMU reset. About 30 minutes after the reset my secret/shared keys populated and I was set.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

thephantom23 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavez View Post
I finally got data working. I'll try to post a tutorial at some point this week to do the whole sprint diamond to vzw. In order to get data working you need to setup the right M.IP settings for verizon. I had to call verizon to do a DMU reset. About 30 minutes after the reset my secret/shared keys populated and I was set.
I have also encountered some conflicting info which has me at a standstill switching from sprint to verizon. I already have the verizon acct so thats done.
I would appreciate any help u could offer!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamante
Carrier: Life

DTS2 is a n00b

Hello.Im from Ukraine,i have Diam500 Verizone.I need unlock him and update Win 6,5 ,can you help me?

Last edited by DTS2; 11-21-2010 at 05:01 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond