PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 11:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TreoPro
Carrier: Sprint

MobileBiz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AE Button Plus setup

I'm looking for ideas on how to best use this program. What ways are you using this? I guess you can't set additional functions for Home and Back?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: AE Button Plus setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
I'm looking for ideas on how to best use this program. What ways are you using this? I guess you can't set additional functions for Home and Back?
The "back" button, is actually the Ok/Close button in AEButton. I have mine set for double-click to bring up Opera, and long press to open Camera. I also set my d-pad center (Enter) to open my QuickMenu on double-click.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post
The "back" button, is actually the Ok/Close button in AEButton. I have mine set for double-click to bring up Opera, and long press to open Camera. I also set my d-pad center (Enter) to open my QuickMenu on double-click.
Guessing the "Home" key would the the Start button in AEButton?

I will confirm once i install this app (which i definitely plan on doing in the near future).

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
Guessing the "Home" key would the the Start button in AEButton?

I will confirm once i install this app (which i definitely plan on doing in the near future).

-s
Actually, no. That would make too much sense

After playing with it for a little while, I've come to the conclusion that the Home button cannot be mapped to work with AE. You can go through add button, and it will recognize the scan code, but the events still don't fire the way they're supposed to.

Other than the one button, AE works great...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TreoPro
Threadstarter

MobileBiz is a n00b

Quote:
Very nice. So in order to have the back key also do what it was designed to do, what action do we set for the single click?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
Very nice. So in order to have the back key also do what it was designed to do, what action do we set for the single click?
I have my "Ok" button single press set to "Ok/Close", and it works the same as before.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:02 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have noticed that none of my AEButtons work while on TF3d, but they all work if in other apps well none of the back button feautres that is

Last edited by VW; 10-30-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:09 AM
VIP Member

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Actually, no. That would make too much sense

After playing with it for a little while, I've come to the conclusion that the Home button cannot be mapped to work with AE. You can go through add button, and it will recognize the scan code, but the events still don't fire the way they're supposed to.

Other than the one button, AE works great...
Damn, that sux. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

the guitarist is a n00b

hello guys ,

i really hope that someone can help me ... i have a touch pro and i'm using Dr.Yar program for bluetooth files transfer and as you know you can't access the program icon from the TF3D so that i can press it twice to show up its options menu and choose "Start"...anyway i was hoping that i can use AE Button plus to press the back button twice to show up that menu!! i can start the program by pressing the back button twice but i want to show up the menu of the program....i really hope that someone can help

i've been despertly looking for a solution

thanks
Old 10-31-2008, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guitarist View Post
hello guys ,

i really hope that someone can help me ... i have a touch pro and i'm using Dr.Yar program for bluetooth files transfer and as you know you can't access the program icon from the TF3D so that i can press it twice to show up its options menu and choose "Start"...anyway i was hoping that i can use AE Button plus to press the back button twice to show up that menu!! i can start the program by pressing the back button twice but i want to show up the menu of the program....i really hope that someone can help

i've been despertly looking for a solution

thanks
It appears that you cannot remap the "Home" and "Back" buttons when TF3D is active. If you close the app or if you are in another app, you should be able to use the "Back" button successfully with AE Button.

-s

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond