PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint

pong is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I replace the PIM file from my current touch to the Diamond?

Question....

I recently did the ROM upgrade on my touch and the Sprite backup worked for texts, photos, music, and personal documents(I chose to just restore those files so there wouldnt be a prob during the ROM upgrade)... but when I did that for the contacts they didnt transfer properly so I took the PIM file from one of my backups and replaced it on the phone and it worked. All my contacts, texts, and calendar entries came over fine.
My question is.. would this work if I take the PIM file from my touch and throw it on the diamond? I dont see why it wouldnt but I'm not real knowledgeable with this kind of stuff.... any reason why this would cause any problems?
Old 10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

pong is a n00b
Re: Can I replace the PIM file from my current touch to the Diamond?

*Bump....
Old 10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pong View Post
*Bump....
its sometimy I would use pim backup backup the pim on your touch then transfer the pimbackup file to your diamond then restore
Old 10-27-2008, 03:12 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

im not sur if this will work or not but here goes, before i hard reset i rename pim file in device(file explorer) to pim2. copy that to internal storage. then do hard reset. after reset, get the new pim file in device, rename that to pim3. go get pim2 and rename that to just pim and copy back to device. bottom line, pim2 should now be only pim on device.(file ex.) sorry if thats confusing but it does work for contacts. only used it on hard reset though. dont have pc and this is easy for me.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yes, i did it from my mogul just fine
Old 10-27-2008, 05:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

pong is a n00b

Thanks for the info all.... that helps me with what I got to do.
I guess I've just been wondering why I dont hear people doing this more.. seems fairly easy. When I did the Touch upgrade I tried PIM backup and the restore failed then with Sprite, it replaced everything but the contacts...
thought all was lost until I realized I had the PIM backed up on my PC...
just wanted to make sure this doesnt screw up anything within the phones files. Sounds like all is good.
Thanks.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pong View Post
Thanks for the info all.... that helps me with what I got to do.
I guess I've just been wondering why I dont hear people doing this more.. seems fairly easy. When I did the Touch upgrade I tried PIM backup and the restore failed then with Sprite, it replaced everything but the contacts...
thought all was lost until I realized I had the PIM backed up on my PC...
just wanted to make sure this doesnt screw up anything within the phones files. Sounds like all is good.
Thanks.
Yes you can. I did it... no problems at all!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

pong is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatter View Post
Yes you can. I did it... no problems at all!
Gracias!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond