PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 04:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

Flibmeister is keeping up the good workFlibmeister is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PocketShield Screen Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridic View Post
There is a green bar at the bottom of the screen...i think it is the bottem.
Aha! I'm colorblind, so the bar at the bottom of the screen looks all one color to me-- but my wife informs me that it does appear exactly as you say. Thanks!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

glad I could help.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've been using this for the past week and its working quite well!! I also turned off the gesture unlock and am relying on the light unlock and slide unlock.

I'd like to have a sensitivity setting for the light unlock as if you're in a slightly dimmed down but lit room it won't unlock with the sensor, it needs a pretty bright light source to unlock. Other than that, its simple, small footprint and it does the job very well!!

Only other thing I'd probably enjoy is a different style battery meter (like the WhiteFinix % battery icon that is used on the task bar) and a date display as well as the time. The missed call, message alerts and reminder icons all work as expected.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i hate the lack of customization on the application.. u cannot even choose to show the date along with the time
Old 11-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hehe, for something like this I personally like the complete simplicity of this app. S2U2 just has to many options and the few times I tried it I was never satisfied with it.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

I needed a screen lock for one reason: When removing the phone from the case to answer a call, the case itself would interact with the phone and cancel the call.

As far as I could tell, S2U2 wouldn't lock the call screen, which to me, defeated the purpose of having a screen lock.

PocketShield is working great in that respect - no more accidentally ignored calls...
Old 11-12-2008, 11:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
I needed a screen lock for one reason: When removing the phone from the case to answer a call, the case itself would interact with the phone and cancel the call.

As far as I could tell, S2U2 wouldn't lock the call screen, which to me, defeated the purpose of having a screen lock.

PocketShield is working great in that respect - no more accidentally ignored calls...
i was just noticing that the other day.. u can also setup pocket shield to answer the call as well with a swipe down....instead of swiping to unlock then tapping to answer

not sure why s2u2 automatically unlocks itself on incoming calls

with pocketshield though i had some issues that the phone would freeze on incoming calls and i could not answer the call... would only be able to unlock once the incoming call has ended

with s2u2 u can also set it up to slide to answer.. to help prevent accidental pickups

Last edited by itouch24; 11-12-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

pwabbit is a n00b

I had this happen with the Opera browser running or minimized. Otherwise I have had no problems at all. Sent an email to tech support, he tested version 2.0 for this issue and no problems occurred.

...can't wait for v2.0

Edit: The caller id screen was showing after unlocking but the "answer" and "ignore" soft keys were non-responsive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 520dvx View Post
I had a call come in, picked up the phone which was awake displaying the unlock screen but would not unlock. The call went to voicemail and then the screen unlocked.

Last edited by pwabbit; 11-12-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

Flibmeister is keeping up the good workFlibmeister is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
...with pocketshield though i had some issues that the phone would freeze on incoming calls and i could not answer the call... would only be able to unlock once the incoming call has ended
I just removed Pocketshield from my phone for precisely that reason: when the phone rang, no combination of swipes, gestures, or light would unlock it until after it went to voicemail. Now I'm back to inadvertently answering or ignoring calls as I pull the phone out of the pouch!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post

Exactly my issue and Pocketshield fits the bill perfectly

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond