PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 05:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jharp146 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Overclocking the diamond?

I have the Mogul but have my Sprint upgrade coming up and am considering holding out for the US equivalent of the Touch HD, (quartz maybe?) but was just curious if overclocking the Diamond is a possibility. I searched and didn't really find anything. Also, as a subquestion, I read somewhere that when I overclock my Mogul, even though the HTC Performance program is saying that it is running at 624mhz, the processor can't accomidate that. Is this true? Any former "Mogulers" know the truth behind overclocking the Mogul's qualcomm processor?
Old 10-20-2008, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: SPrint

JaxDreamFunding is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to JaxDreamFunding Send a message via MSN to JaxDreamFunding
Re: Overclocking the diamond?

With the amount of heat that the Diamond puts out without overclocking, I am not sure you would even want to try it...plus, with the speed this has as a stock phone, there is really no need to overclock...

My humble opinion...
Old 10-20-2008, 05:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I was just thinking, based on the 400mhz Mogul with the possibility of taking it up to 624, if this ratio held true to the diamond, (which I'm sure it doesn't due to heat issues as you said,) it would take it up to 824mhz which would be insane! Just wishful thinking/hoping...
Old 10-20-2008, 06:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

Taishar is keeping up the good workTaishar is keeping up the good work

The Mogul couldn't be overclocked.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:20 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

true^^^^^

Old 10-20-2008, 06:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taishar View Post
The Mogul couldn't be overclocked.
Not at all? Was it just placebo that I felt like it was running better with HTC Performance? Wouldn't doubt it. So there's nothing out there to overclock the mogul and I've just been wasting memory? Why hasn't anything been developed to get around this? Is the Mogul's processor already maxed out? I read up on this a lot when I initially installed HTC Performance and it seemed that the general concensus was that it worked. What was this designed for?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharp146 View Post
I have the Mogul but have my Sprint upgrade coming up and am considering holding out for the US equivalent of the Touch HD, (quartz maybe?) but was just curious if overclocking the Diamond is a possibility. I searched and didn't really find anything. Also, as a subquestion, I read somewhere that when I overclock my Mogul, even though the HTC Performance program is saying that it is running at 624mhz, the processor can't accomidate that. Is this true? Any former "Mogulers" know the truth behind overclocking the Mogul's qualcomm processor?
According to Engadget, the Touch HD is now not coming to the states, per HTC.

I agree that the device gets so hot already even if it could be overclocked it doesn't sound like it could be healthy.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

Tho heat is a major issue with the Diamond, it is a lot faster than the Mogul. I don't know if it's true or false about the whole overclocking thing, I thought the same as you when I overclocked my Mougl to 624. I did find that tuning the glyphcache on the device will warrant the most results. I have played around with many different levels and amounts, while some prefer the 32387 spot, I have mine at 40907 on my Diamond and man this thing screams. The heat issue is only when I have a very weak signal, other than that my diamond doesn't get hot.
I would just change my glypcahce if I were in your shoes, just my style though.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:54 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i keep hearing about the heat issues with the diamond, and while it does get warm....its not something you can fry an egg on. i say overclock it haha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond