PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit
Memory Usage

so when I turn on my diamond, after TF3D is launched the memory usage stays around 33% but after launching some apps obviously it goes higher, but when I close them the memory usage doesn't revert back to 33% instead it stays higher like at 47% any ideas on why this is or if there are any tweaks to prevent it? by the way im running juicys 2.4.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Memory Usage

mine takes a few minutes to get back down. how long are you waiting? not sure if it makes a diff, just my case.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well it never goes back down to 33% its not goin lower than 47%
Old 10-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Try Oxios Memory. It is a free app that clears memory being used by apps that have been closed but are still taking up resident memory.

http://www.oxios.com/memory/
Old 10-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mine drops as soon I click on them. From say 45% right down to 34% almost immediatley. I'm using stock sprint rom. I don't think I will flash to Juicy rom anytime soon. As it might be a real cool ROM, I sit here and read all the posts and about 95% of them have some sort of glitch, programs not running right, having to install numerous cabs for various reasons. I'm really starting to think...IMHO....It's Juicy rom. I mean no offense to the maker or users that love it, but I have no problems with my stock sprint rom whatsoever. I think it's cool you can change things around to your liking and being able to tinker with it, but when it comes to functionality, I need it to work. I did however install, TF3D config and the black carbon theme with the flip clock. It was GREAT!!! I loved it!!! Untill I discovered that when I was using bluetooth on a call, all secondary calls went straight to voice mail and phone did not even display any missed calls or that I had voice mail. I hard reset and all worked great!!! Then Installed TF3D again with flip clock and had same problem......

Last edited by gator352; 10-19-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Try Oxios Memory. It is a free app that clears memory being used by apps that have been closed but are still taking up resident memory.

http://www.oxios.com/memory/
thanks this brought it down to 44% from 47% not hugely noticeable but it makes a difference!
Old 10-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovelegit View Post
thanks this brought it down to 44% from 47% not hugely noticeable but it makes a difference!
You're welcome. I have noticed this trend as well with TF3D. I actually think it is an issue with a memory leak with TF3D. That or TF3D hangs onto memory and doesn't release it when it should.

Try running without TF3D for a day or so. It will stay around 32-35% and not go up. I tried it and was very shocked by the results. That said, with the amount of memory this bad girl has, I could care less about running at 45%. So far my Diamond has taken everything that I have thrown at her and never choked even once. So I still use TF3D, for now...
Old 10-19-2008, 05:23 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I like SKTools, it's not free, but worth it.. I think it gets it closer then oxios.

Hope that Helps

Thanks T M Z

Powerfull maintenance toolkit. Cleaning the registry and the file system, FreeUP RAM, other methods of system maintenance and much more...
</IMG> Cleaning:
  • Clear temporary and cache folders such as IE contents, IE history, Mail attachments, Terminal Server client cache, Opera cache, NetFront cache and custom user folders
  • Find and delete:
    • temporary, empty and absolete files
    • bad registry keys and values
    • empty registry keys
    • bad shortcuts
    • duplicate shortcuts
    • duplicate notify queue entry/entries
    • bad uninstall info
    • files depending on their size or/and names (wipe optional)
    • duplicate files (search by the name,size,crc)
    • MS Reader bookmarks (taking into account the bookmark's in-use/not-in-use status)
    • empty folders
    • past appointments
  • Delete PIE history (registry)
</IMG> Built-in Uninstaller:
  • Show the list of the installed programs including their size and date
  • Show the list of files and registry keys of the installed programs
  • Uninstall program
  • Save the installed programs list to a text file
</IMG> FreeUP RAM:
This option can free up 50K-2M of RAM
  • Send hibernation message
  • Compact Heaps (WM5 only)
  • Imitate the "memory low" situation
  • Close tasks
  • Scheduler for silent background start
  • FreeUP RAM Service New!
</IMG> System tweaks:
  • more than 90 tweaks in 13 categories
</IMG> Registry Explorer :
  • Browse registry
  • View keys and values
  • Delete keys and values
  • Create new keys
  • Create/Modify values (REG_SZ, REG_MULTI_SZ, REG_BINARY, REG_DWORD)
  • Export (Unicode REGEDIT5)
  • Import (Unicode REGEDIT5, REGEDIT4)
  • Backup/restore
  • Search
</IMG> CABs Manager and CABInstl (New!):
  • View and manage CAB, CPF and TSK files on device
  • Show content (files, registry, shortcuts) of CAB, CPF and TSK files
  • Files extraction
  • Installation ("standard" and "by SKTools") from CAB files
  • "Installer" - one executable file from multiple CAB files, registry data, folders and files
  • Other...
</IMG> Move Data (New!):
  • Move Installed Programs
  • Move folders
  • Move files
  • Other...
</IMG> PIM maintenance:
  • Search for duplicate contacts, appointments and tasks
  • Show past and reccuring appointments
  • Delete PIM data (contacts, tasks, appointments, messages and mail accounts)
</IMG> Notifications Queue:
  • View, enable/disable, add and delete records
  • Find duplicates
</IMG> Backup/restore:
  • Auto (may be disabled) backup of a registry key prior to its deletion
  • Full system backup (may not work correctly in some cases with certain devices)
  • Sheduled full backup
  • SFX full backup files
  • Storage cards backup
  • Independent registry, filesystem, databases, PIM, ActiveSync Partnership, MSReader activation backup
  • Self backup
  • Password protection for the backup files
  • Find and restore all of the SKTools backup files
  • Good compression of the backup files
</IMG> Storage card maintenance:
  • Display the card(s) info (size, ID, slack, ...)
  • Format, Scan and Fix (hardware dependent)
  • Empty
  • Rename
  • Other...
</IMG> Database maintenance:
  • Show the list of databases (CEDB, EDB)
  • Delete, Empty
  • View content, find and replace text
  • Export/Import to/from an XML file (device and database dependent)
</IMG> Process list:
  • Show all the processes including the list of process' modules
  • Display the info of memory usage, threads, command line
  • Close one or selected processes
</IMG> Windows Startup:
  • Display the list of the programs run at the system's bootup
  • Delete program
  • Add new
  • Programs startup sequence management (device dependent)
</IMG> Automation mode:
  • Run SKTools at the system's bootup
  • Run SKTools every day at the user defined time (powering the device off after the operation is complete)
  • User defined operations list
  • Background mode (run in the background, just LED blinking)
/IMG> Other:
  • Shadow Services New!
  • Registry optimization for WM5/WM6 New!
  • Windows services maintenance
  • CPU usage
  • Search and replace in Registry
  • Delete ALL contacts, appointments, tasks, messages option
  • Show Messaging Files
  • Show Replaced ROM files New!
  • View and manage Today plugins
  • View and manage Input methods
  • View and manage SIM contacts (PocketPC PE)
  • View and manage SIM SMS (PocketPC PE)
  • Compact and purge call history (PocketPC PE)
  • System Information
  • Storage Analizer - display all the folders including their sizes, display all files by types, attributes etc.. New!
  • Change the location of PIE cache, PIE history, PIE coockies, AvantGO data, NetFront cach, Messaging (outlook) files
  • System optimisation option
  • Soft and Hard(for certain devices) reset
  • Command line support (screen off/on,power off, soft/hard reset and more...)
  • Shortcut Wizard
  • Change system files paths (you can move some dlls from the windows folder to any location, for example to storage cards)
  • Multi-language support ( English, German, Russian, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Chinese)
  • Free updates from SKTools 4.xx.xx to SKTools 4.yy.yy versions
  • More...
http://skkvsoftware.com/?sktools/m_feat.html
Old 10-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I noticed that too, but im thinking if it uses more memory, won't it use more battery as well?
Old 10-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovelegit View Post
I noticed that too, but im thinking if it uses more memory, won't it use more battery as well?
It's a logical thought. The more memory used would be more battery drain which be a faster battery discharge.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond