PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NighthawkIX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FM transmitter and better audio player on TF3D?

Just wondering, since I've the Diamond has a FM receiver, does that mean that it can also act as a FM transmitter (say for road trips?).

Also, is there a better audio player for the diamond that will work with the TF3D music tab? I like the integrated approach, but I find that the program skips a bit, doesnt support alot of formats (can't seem to get .ogg to work), and I cant push the power button to turn off the screen and get it to keep playing.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: FM transmitter and better audio player on TF3D?

First, if you have a Diamond you should update your profile so that we know.

The CDMA version of the Diamond (Sprint and Telus) do not have the FM receiver. Or if they do, we were not provided the software or the headphones, which are the actual antenna. So it would be hard to determine the real answer to your question, other than a logical question. Does your FM radio in your house or car transmit FM signals, or receive them? I am betting that it they just receive, which I would bet is the same for the Diamond.

As for music players, I have used MortPlayer for quite a few months now (on a Mogul, Touch and now my Diamond) and very much prefer it to all of the others out there. It is free, skinnable, has an alarm clock and other cool features. And it looks great on the VGA display. Check it out here.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

the thanx is for telling him to update info. sorry op, drives me nutz. that being said, i like s2p. heres the link,http://www.ac-s2.com/ works with screen off. also works good with s2u2 and displays on that screen. love both. no bugs on new versions.(fingers crossed)

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-18-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:38 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

rainfreak, any chance you have a cab for mortplayer? i cant dl from the link on my ppc and the freeware sites take me there also. thanx if you got cab. looks nice.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
rainfreak, any chance you have a cab for mortplayer? i cant dl from the link on my ppc and the freeware sites take me there also. thanx if you got cab. looks nice.
You know I got your back...
Attached Files
File Type: zip MortPlayer3.31b69.zip (2.23 MB, 35 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:06 AM
acs tester

Wink Re: FM transmitter and better audio player on TF3D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
You know I got your back...
thankyou sir, i found one over xda, but i have to look to see if its the same version. +1 for good looks on vga. again thanx big edit, yours is newer. you the man.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-19-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

You're welcome. Also, check out the MortVista skin, which is already installed with the app. I really like the layout and colors.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:18 AM
acs tester

gota love the vga. installing tonight. not sure if you said, does it play with screen off? im to lazy to look at your other posts. typing question takes longer though. Lol
Old 10-19-2008, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

NighthawkIX is a n00b

Thanks for the cab. Profile updated.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:13 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
First, if you have a Diamond you should update your profile so that we know.

The CDMA version of the Diamond (Sprint and Telus) do not have the FM receiver. Or if they do, we were not provided the software or the headphones, which are the actual antenna. So it would be hard to determine the real answer to your question, other than a logical question. Does your FM radio in your house or car transmit FM signals, or receive them? I am betting that it they just receive, which I would bet is the same for the Diamond.

As for music players, I have used MortPlayer for quite a few months now (on a Mogul, Touch and now my Diamond) and very much prefer it to all of the others out there. It is free, skinnable, has an alarm clock and other cool features. And it looks great on the VGA display. Check it out here.
The drivers are there for FM but I haven't had the chance to really work on gettin the HTC FM radio working on it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond