PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond touch
Carrier: Sprint

staticent116 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Here's A Sad Sad Story For Y'all...

I ordered my Diamond back on the 17th of September and received it on the 22nd of the same month. Of course I have a few issues with the D-Pad and today, October 15th, I took it to the CORPORATE store in my city (Saginaw, Mi) and the reps were in awww at my Diamond. They wondered how in the world I had one already! To make a long story short, you guys see where this story is going and sadly, I had to call and get my replacement ordered. The flippin 15th of October and alot of cities Corporate Stores in Michigan STILL are unaware that the Diamond has been released. I'm pretty much the envy of every Sprint Store I walk into! So if anyone is still expecting the Pro to drop on the 19th, the chance of that happening is the same chance of me impregnating Beyonce AND Jessica Alba within the same week... In that case, I guess I should really hope it does come out on the 19th then, huh? lol
Old 10-15-2008, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Re: Here's A Sad Sad Story For Y'all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticent116 View Post
I ordered my Diamond back on the 17th of September and received it on the 22nd of the same month. Of course I have a few issues with the D-Pad and today, October 15th, I took it to the CORPORATE store in my city (Saginaw, Mi) and the reps were in awww at my Diamond. They wondered how in the world I had one already! To make a long story short, you guys see where this story is going and sadly, I had to call and get my replacement ordered. The flippin 15th of October and alot of cities Corporate Stores in Michigan STILL are unaware that the Diamond has been released. I'm pretty much the envy of every Sprint Store I walk into! So if anyone is still expecting the Pro to drop on the 19th, the chance of that happening is the same chance of me impregnating Beyonce AND Jessica Alba within the same week... In that case, I guess I should really hope it does come out on the 19th then, huh? lol
I almost envied you
Old 10-15-2008, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

sn0b0ard is keeping up the good worksn0b0ard is keeping up the good work

You are right. I had a Sprint Rep tell me that not all stores have the Diamond yet.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:28 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

how about this then, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40555
Old 10-15-2008, 11:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint diamond
Carrier: sprint

cmanbrazil is a n00b

I'm having problem setting up my exchange server which worked well with my windows mobile 5 on my treo 700. I called sprint's tech support and the tech got excited because it gave her an opportunity to FINALLY play with the diamond. lol Here I work a job where I'm out of the office and need my exchange connection to do my job, and I had to wait for her to go through the learning curve for a phone she was supposed to provide professional support for.

Tonight I am still without the exchange server and without a call back from sprint -it was promised in an hour,

Sprint is just incompetent. Their pricing keeps many of us. That is it. Sprint is in lack of leadership.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond touch
Threadstarter

staticent116 is just getting started

Personally, I think alot of people are just making up these Touch Pro release stories just to hype everyone up. yes, Sprint is very incompetent, I think we can all agree on that, but as far as these rediculous Touch Pro stories go... come on now! It's almost the 19th and everyone still has a different story, yet SOME people have claimed to have a Touch Pro already on deck and blah blah blah. Some people have spotted 2Pac too, but I sure haven't and no one has any proof that they saw him. Look, anyone who gets a Touch Pro on the 19th, take a pic of it in your hand then I'll believe the stories and hype. Until then, its pretty useless to get everyone hyped up over nothing.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond

hempy is just getting started

Wtf? There's a HUGE difference between telesales, online, and in-store availability. Each have their own tentative dates, which are all subject to change without notification.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

wheres waldo ? Anyone...................... Anyone
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 10-16-2008, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Fuzzy Wuzzy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticent116 View Post
Yep, the store in Westland said that this region won't get it till late this month.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

sn0b0ard is keeping up the good worksn0b0ard is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanbrazil View Post
I'm having problem setting up my exchange server which worked well with my windows mobile 5 on my treo 700. I called sprint's tech support and the tech got excited because it gave her an opportunity to FINALLY play with the diamond. lol Here I work a job where I'm out of the office and need my exchange connection to do my job, and I had to wait for her to go through the learning curve for a phone she was supposed to provide professional support for.

Tonight I am still without the exchange server and without a call back from sprint -it was promised in an hour,

Sprint is just incompetent. Their pricing keeps many of us. That is it. Sprint is in lack of leadership.
Everyone always talks bad about Sprint, but think about this for a second:

The HTC Touch Diamond GSM comes with 192MB ram
The Sprint HTC Touch Diamond CDMA comes with 288MB ram + 1340mah battery
The Sprint HTC Touch Pro CDMA comes with 288MB ram + 1340mah battery + keyboard
The Verizon HTC Touch Diamond CDMA comes with 128MB ram + 400Mhz CPU

At least we got the best phones, compared to the GSM models. Sprint could have been like Verizon, and they could have crippled the phone with a slower CPU and less ram than the GSM versions...

Last edited by sn0b0ard; 10-16-2008 at 01:24 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond